Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
Joined
·
6,240 Posts
DiveBomber said:
sat at keystone, trip to the ER got it on vid too if someone wants to host it
Looks like you had a near life experience. Pain is a gift.
 

·
Product engineer
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the vid is 4.5mb
I just was too far forward as i went off the jump. I had just done in a few min before and it was really smooth, but RallyBlue who was filming had the lenscap on so i hiked up to do it again.

got 10 external stiched and some internal ones to pull the wound closed.
 

·
Card Carrying Member
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
DiveBomber said:
the vid is 4.5mb
I just was too far forward as i went off the jump. I had just done in a few min before and it was really smooth, but RallyBlue who was filming had the lenscap on so i hiked up to do it again.

got 10 external stiched and some internal ones to pull the wound closed.
send it to kitchenware AT comcast DOT net and I'll host it up for a bit. Everyone loves a good crash video. ;)

Look, it's over there! No, not there, THERE! hahahaha
 

Attachments

·
Stand back
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
Aww, we left one run too early...

and missed all the excitement.
No, actually I'm not bummed that we didn't witness that. I don't even like looking at the picture. Guess that's the curse of calling "last run".
Was that off the wood ramp on Paid in Full? I did want to hit that again, but I was starting to get too tired to brake, and that never leads to anything good. And here I was a little upset that I'm outta commission for a week to send my shock in for service...
Was it tough getting down off the mountain? Get well, man...
 

·
Product engineer
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dbabuser said:
and missed all the excitement.
No, actually I'm not bummed that we didn't witness that. I don't even like looking at the picture. Guess that's the curse of calling "last run".
Was that off the wood ramp on Paid in Full? I did want to hit that again, but I was starting to get too tired to brake, and that never leads to anything good. And here I was a little upset that I'm outta commission for a week to send my shock in for service...
Was it tough getting down off the mountain? Get well, man...
Thanks
yeah thats the one, I just had my weight to far forward, when i came off of it. Maybe i was a little tired from pushing the bike back up to do it again. it happened so fast.

Makes me want to do that jump again.

Not sure what cut me, those chainrings are sharp but the rim came apart, and could have done it too..
im supposed to wear a splint on my finger for 2 weeks,

youll see on the vid, if it gets posted up
 

·
Non Dual Bliss
Joined
·
6,240 Posts
DiveBomber said:
yes, crunchy
Did you actually go over the bars first or did the wheel collapse first? In the vid (impressive) it looks like the wheel collapsed and then you did the human scorpion. If you're going to be hitting it like that, I'd get some burlier wheels with something other than those burlap spokes. When I looked at it this morning, I only saw the knee gash (dial up). Now that I've seen the whole thing, I bet that finger hurt a lot more than the cut, eh?, and I'd bet it was a real bit of heaven when they jerked it back into joint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
adrenaline high

he was up and walking around in about 2 seconds. He had so much adrenaline pumpin through him. He kinda knew that the finger was dislocated, and was trying to get it back in him self. Still cringe thinking about it!
 

·
Card Carrying Member
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
DWF said:
Did you actually go over the bars first or did the wheel collapse first? In the vid (impressive) it looks like the wheel collapsed and then you did the human scorpion.
After further frame by frame review in PremPro, it looks as though the wheel speed-wobbled a couple times, getting progressively worse, the tire then blew from weight and angle and the rim tacoed when the tire blew forcing him into the scorpion. It also looks like the gash came from the wheel.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top