Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, recent transplant to B A. Hoping to get recommendations for good places to shuttle for FR DH close to the Peninsula. Can it be done at Pacifica? Ive been to Demo and didn't see any roads that were accessable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I'm not sure about Pacifica, but I'm guessing you won't get many replies in this thread otherwise. While I'm more of a xc kind of rider, it is my impresson that most of the potential shuttles in the bay area have some issues around them - private roads, illegal trails, sometimes both issues at the same spot; issues with neighbors near legal trailheads; conflicts with other users on multi-use trails; even battles over trail access with local clubs. I think that has a lot to do with the prevalence of long travel trail bikes in this area.

My advice is look, listen, be sensitive to the various local trail politics / access issues. And folks more in the know than I may be able to help you via word of mouth or via private message.

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
There's not really any shuttling here, so get used to that. If you're going to ride a big bike, get one that you can pedal.

Also, everything that Harry said.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Knight> You'll find mostly XCers and roadies on this Norcal board. Believe me, there are FR/DH places around. My recommendation: go to your local bike shop and start asking around for the "secret" spots. Also, go to Northstar! That said, nothing wrong with pedaling or pushing to the top; shuttling doesn't seem that huge in the Bay Area. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
As Kevin G points out, there are a few shuttle area around here. I used to ride my big bike up to the top for XC~ish training. You should go ride with the guys at Passion Trail Bikes, get to know them a little, and you will found out more.

They usually ride on Wednesday night, open to all people. Is an organized shop ride.

Also, someone always post a ride on Sundays. Is kind of the shop guys group.

Part of their rides might interest you.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
bstyle74 said:
joaquin miller? i've never shuttled it, but have seen plenty of people that do shuttle.
JMP's runs are too short, not worth shuttling . Just head to N* for some real DH. If N* is too far you will need to get ready to pedal.

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Try Auburn

It's not bay area but I think the best Nor-Cal shuttling that I have done is in Auburn. There is everything from Jump trails (Culvert/Confluence) to flowy to technical (Murderers/Rocky). It's all easily accessible from the road. And it's legal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.