Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming to Colorado in early August for some backpacking and would like to ride one full day as well. I'm thinking Crested Butte, but haven't really picked where yet. Mostly it depends where I can get a solid bike to ride. I have a small rental car so don't want to bring my own bike due to backpacking gear that is also coming along for the trip.

any recommendations for a place to ride/rent?

Thanks!

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Spookykinkajou said:
I'm coming to Colorado in early August for some backpacking and would like to ride one full day as well. I'm thinking Crested Butte, but haven't really picked where yet. Mostly it depends where I can get a solid bike to ride. I have a small rental car so don't want to bring my own bike due to backpacking gear that is also coming along for the trip.

any recommendations for a place to ride/rent?

Thanks!
Sean-

You're welcome to any bike in the fleet for the duration of your stay. My location may not be favorable for you in August, but if it works out, drop a line.

MC

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mikesee said:
Sean-

You're welcome to any bike in the fleet for the duration of your stay. My location may not be favorable for you in August, but if it works out, drop a line.

MC
Thanks for the offer, Mike. I'll see if I can work Fruita in to the loop. I love hot weather so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Cloxxki said:
I couldn't make it out, but since this is a spam-free board, I guess you get to borrow a bike for free :)
Sometimes, I think that you have an excellent grip on the English language, especially considering it's not your native tongue.

Other times, not so much.

MC

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I think I'm missing a verb in your post which would for me give the distiction between spam and being a very cool fellow 29" rider. Seriously.
Anyone coming to Holland can borrow a 29" for zip from me. Too bad I only have XL's right now, but working on that.

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigfootDenny said:
YUP...... check'em out and be sure to say hello to Shawn or Scot..... they run a quality operation .....and are in the middle of some beautiful biking areas....

http://www.absolutebikes.com
Looks like I'll head to Salida! Close to where I'm 'packing the first few days and the trails appear to be simply amazing. Thanks!

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
Cobias, X-Cals, etc

Spookykinkajou said:
Looks like I'll head to Salida! Close to where I'm 'packing the first few days and the trails appear to be simply amazing. Thanks!
Call ahead to get a reservation to be sure we have a bike for you. There is a full size run of Cobias at an entry-level price, full size run of X-Cals for a few dollars more. And if you fit a Large (24-ish ETT) you can rent a Lenz Leviathan with Mav fork or a Titus Racer-X Ti w/Reba (demo pricing, not cheap).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.