Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bike Now, Beer Later
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any trails around the state open yet? All the snow is gone in La Crosse, just waiting for things to dry out. Windy and 65 today helps I'm sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Should have checked there - thanks.

Great to hear Kettle is open. Might have to take a trip there and hit Bluemound on the way back if it's open/dry. Went there last year and spent more time flying off the bike than riding on it lol.

·
Bike Now, Beer Later
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think I'm gonna head down to Decorah tomorrow. Never been down there. Any suggestions on certain loops or trails to hit for a first timer? This will be my first dirt ride the year, so I'm sure I'll be sucking wind early and often.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've never rode there but if you look up decorah human powered trails they have a map on their website. I've heard good things about their trail system and supposedly it's the most technical riding Iowa has to offer. Pretty sure there is a bike shop in town that would be worth a visit to find out the info your looking for. Decorah is a cool little town, the co-op makes incredible food...it's right on the main drag downtown. There's also a small brewery that has some great beer.

·
Bike Now, Beer Later
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got out!

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

Hit up the DHPT today. Very cool! Was stoked to finally get some dirt under my tires. My fat, winter body only allowed me to ride for about an hour and a half. Looking forward to heading back to ride the stuff I skipped. The micro brew (Toppling Goliath Brewing Company) was very good too. Lotta really hoppy IPA's if you're into that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Levis is in great shape, still plenty of leaves on the trail, but the mounds are high and dry! We rode laps on our favorite front mound trails and had a blast. Talked to a couple different groups that found some soft and wet spots on double track and yellow jacket\swamp cut. That wasn't much of a suprise as they ate always the last to dry out. Great riding to be had there right now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Agreed Levis is awesome right now. I did a full loop all the way back to buck hill and there were only a few wet spots. There were a few small areas on Yellow Jacket but nothing to be concerned about. The sand hasn't dried out yet so that's a big plus; however, the leaves are a challenge in spots especially on the descents. Snodgrass is closed also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.