Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be spending 7 days at Disney in early Feb. We always stay inside Disney and was wondering if there are any off road trails? Not looking for anything crazy, just something off the paved paths I could do alone while the family is at the pool.

·
Jackalope Hunter
934 Posts
Fort Wilderness has a RIPPING DH course...:eek: :p

Just kidding... actually there are probably a few scenic paths on Disney property that you could bike on, i'd ask the concierge at your hotel. That said, being at Disney you are only about a half hour (give or take) from Lakeland, Loyce Harp Park on Carter Rd has a great trail system.

There's a lot worth riding if you are willing to drive further.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can ride Alafia, Carter Road or Balm-Boyette. All three are in the same general area and are less than an hour away from Disney. All three are great trails, but I would suggest Alafia for your first visit. It is worth the extra effort to ride one of FL best trails (no mountains, but great trails). If you leave early you can make it back to Mouse-world by lunch!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
+1 for alafia.:thumbsup:

Personally I like boyette MUCH better, but I wouldn't go it alone. 2 mile ride in ( and out ) is kinda crazy. The trails at boyette aren't marked great. Don't take that the wrong way swamp does an EXCELLENT job. Just easier to get around at alafia. I hear carter road can get kinda hairy on the fingers. :eekster:

Just hit alafia or urban around disney. I did a late evening urban ride when I was up there for a confrence and it was fun as hell. :thumbsup: Tore up downtwon disney.

Or you are spending time with your kids and :nono: get over it cause they are only young once.

·
Registered
62 Posts
its a small, small world...

I've stayed at Disney "resorts" on two trips with the kids. There are usually jogging trails around the facility, but nothing that stands out as warranting bringing a bike. I've had the same thoughts as far as trying to do something more than walk around and spend money, but think it is easier in the end to stick it out and enjoy it.

If get to feeling you just can't take it anymore, go through "Its a small world" three or four times and you will be re-educated into thinking all is well...

·
turtles make me hot
11,663 Posts
I was finally granted a day pass to ride my bike while everyone else does Disney. Last time, I was narrating while filming and my wife decided I don't fit in there. I'll be trying Alafia the week of Feb 15- 19. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
There are tons of paved paths in Celebration (the creepy planned community once owned by Disney). We stayed at the hotel in Celebration and found it to be a pretty cool place to explore...lots of lakes, nature trails, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.