Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be driving up to the Pacifica area for a few days. Plan to bring my roadie and long travel. Just seeing if anyone knows of anything going on cycling related. Any World Championships? Particular places I should take my Enduro?

I'm a former Alameda resident, but rode motorcycles back then.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
World Championships? in the Bay Area? I can't thnk of anything going on in the Bay.

August 10–11: (XCO/XCC/DH) Lenzerheide, Switzerland

EWS80 Whistler 8/10

·
Registered
885 Posts
A little further up the road in Dunnigan is a road race, Cat 4's do 86 miles. I was planning on dropping down from BC to Central California for it but opted for the West Mtn RR out in Utah at the end of the month, that's 100 miles.

If I had the time I would do both, maybe next year.

Reactions: Sidewalk

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little further up the road in Dunnigan is a road race, Cat 4's do 86 miles. I was planning on dropping down from BC to Central California for it but opted for the West Mtn RR out in Utah at the end of the month, that's 100 miles.

If I had the time I would do both, maybe next year.
Go my attention right there!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm a bit out of the road scene but these are the fast-isn group rides I know. Some could be defunct.

HOP ride in Walnut Creek/Danville.
Roaster's ride in Marin
Spectrum Ride (sketchy) and Pen Velo ride on the peninsula.

Dunnigan Hills is a flat RR with a few hills, usually hot. Done it many times.

Lots of great road riding in Napa and Sonoma Counties.

I'll be driving up to the Pacifica area for a few days. Plan to bring my roadie and long travel. Just seeing if anyone knows of anything going on cycling related. Any World Championships? Particular places I should take my Enduro?

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts

There is some fun riding in Pacifica (which you may already be familiar with) - if you need some trail suggestions for the enduro rig, let me know.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just like to say that every time I drive PAST Fontucky! Kirt Voreis is a tremendous native son, however!
Always seems strange we don't have more fast guys here. Maybe the smog ruins the lungs :lol:

I'm a bit out of the road scene but these are the fast-isn group rides I know. Some could be defunct.

HOP ride in Walnut Creek/Danville.
Roaster's ride in Marin
Spectrum Ride (sketchy) and Pen Velo ride on the peninsula.

Dunnigan Hills is a flat RR with a few hills, usually hot. Done it many times.

Lots of great road riding in Napa and Sonoma Counties.
Thanks, I'll check those out. I'm pretty excited about the RR. I need to get some upgrade points before Sea Otter next year, so I really need to buckle down and get in some road races (I'm not a crit guy).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sidewalk wrote: I need to get some upgrade points before Sea Otter next year, so I really need to buckle down and get in some road races (I'm not a crit guy).[/QUOTE]

That's me as well. Five road stage races this year, two state champs, (WA & OR) and a slew of road races. Now I'm ahead of other guys on the rankings list but that still doesn't mean much since they trounce me, when they show up. I still have to figure out what next with my off-road schedule.

As for Dunnigan being hot, yep. I grew just north of there by about two hours and don't miss it one bit but that race looks tempting and the upgrade points for something like that are a boon.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's me as well. Five road stage races this year, two state champs, (WA & OR) and a slew of road races. Now I'm ahead of other guys on the rankings list but that still doesn't mean much since they trounce me, when they show up. I still have to figure out what next with my off-road schedule.

As for Dunnigan being hot, yep. I grew just north of there by about two hours and don't miss it one bit but that race looks tempting and the upgrade points for something like that are a boon.
I'm primarily an XC racer, Enduro rider (I suck at Enduro as I like "fun" lines, not "fast" lines :lol:

I'm a bit of a road sand bagger. I got an auto upgrade to 4. Hoping a couple good results and I'll get an early 3, if not I'll try and earn it. I just want to do occasional road races, and want to be in the right cat when I do them.

I sent you a PM
Cool, thanks.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Following up.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Had an awesome few days up here.

Rode 3 hours (moving time) of Demo on the drive up (Flow and Braille) Wednesday.

About 3.5 hours at Montara Mountain Thursday. Not sure if this was the best, or Demo. Crack alone swings it towards this ride.

Short 1.5 hours at Skeggs Friday.

Dunnigan Hills road race today. I did a **** load of work (solo for a total of 30 miles) only to finish 4th. Damn, wanted more upgrade points! I need to be lazy in the future!

Hitting the road early tomorrow. Plan to ride some new dirt closer to home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.