Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That recent MBA test got my interest, but a search still didn't show any forum results. Looks pricey, but if it does what it says without hurting small bump compliance...hmmm. And the fact that you can put it many existing forks is fairly unique. I hate things that sound too good to be true.

·
Registered
303 Posts
TNC, I am reviewing one right now on a TALAS. I'll post back later when I am finished with it (middle to end of Aug.). For now I will say that I am very, very impressed. The one hitch that I have with it, is my TALAS doesn't seem to extend to the longer travel settings as well. I have to physically pull down the fork. Other than that anomoly, the cartridge does as it claims... for now. I don't have much time on it at the moment (new baby last week, our first). I do find it to be a tad expensive, but then so is the TALAS, and if you want an inertial valved fork with more than 100mm of travel, this is the only option.

Hope this helps a little. PM me if you have other questions.

-James

TNC said:
That recent MBA test got my interest, but a search still didn't show any forum results. Looks pricey, but if it does what it says without hurting small bump compliance...hmmm. And the fact that you can put it many existing forks is fairly unique. I hate things that sound too good to be true.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

TNC, I am reviewing one right now on a TALAS. I'll post back later when I am finished with it (middle to end of Aug.). For now I will say that I am very, very impressed. The one hitch that I have with it, is my TALAS doesn't seem to extend to the longer travel settings as well. I have to physically pull down the fork. Other than that anomoly, the cartridge does as it claims... for now. I don't have much time on it at the moment (new baby last week, our first). I do find it to be a tad expensive, but then so is the TALAS, and if you want an inertial valved fork with more than 100mm of travel, this is the only option.

Hope this helps a little. PM me if you have other questions.

-James
Will definitely be eager to hear the results. Let us know if you find the reason for the lack of full extension.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm also interested in this cartridge. It's a more cost effective solution for my Fox Float RLC vs a new F100X.

I wonder if Larry M. has tried it since he carries all the upper end suspension lines including Stratos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts