Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a 2013 of 2014 Covert 29?

How do you like it for an everyday do it all trail bike that can take some bigger technical trail hits but still ride fairly smooth trail?

Does it climb fairly well?

What bike did you move from?

For reference I'm on a Bandit 29 and considering the move.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I rode a C29 last year and really enjoyed the bike. I thought it climbed very well and is well suited for an everyday trail bike. I came to the C29 from a Yeti ASR 7. I am now on an Enduro 29, for reference.

I thought the ride and suspension felt very similar to Yeti's single pivot bikes (ASR 7 and 575).

The C29 handled my yearly trip to Moab/ Fruita with no issues and was quite enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My home riding ranges from rough and technical to smooth and flowy with short climbs and descents. I get to the front range of Colorado a couple times a year as well. It was wonderful in these instances as well.

I weigh 230 lb and had an issue with the shock blowing through its travel. A larger volume spacer in the shock got that sorted. The ride feel was firmish off the top and then like landing on a pillow once you got into the travel. It was typical of a single pivot in that it responded well to pedal power but would hang up a bit when pedaling through sharp impacts and would stiffen a bit when braking.

I wish the seat tube had been about an inch shorter to fit long droppers. Also 1/2" off the chainstays while adding that to the top tube would have been nice. I actually ran mine for a few months with a +1 deg angleset to increase the head angle from 68 to 69 deg. This helped sharpen the steering and I didn't feel it was a detriment on the descents.

The C29 with a Float X would be a killer trail bike that you could ride almost anywhere. Is that a used bike that someone added the shock or is a dealer installing the X for you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.