Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone currently has this combo, any measurements you can provide would be greatly appreciated (overall diameter, widths at various distances from the axle, etc). I'm trying to figure out if I can stuff one of these in my custom fork. Thanks.

·
Fatback
706 Posts
If anyone currently has this combo, any measurements you can provide would be greatly appreciated (overall diameter, widths at various distances from the axle, etc). I'm trying to figure out if I can stuff one of these in my custom fork. Thanks.
Tire width at the widest point on the casing is about 104mm. This will vary from tire to tire a couple mm. The widest point has moved at to a radius of 350mm from 320mm on the old tire.
Diameter is 750mm, or 29.5", about .5" bigger than the standard Larry, so .25" radius.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire width at the widest point on the casing is about 104mm. This will vary from tire to tire a couple mm. The widest point has moved at to a radius of 350mm from 320mm on the old tire.
Diameter is 750mm, or 29.5", about .5" bigger than the standard Larry, so .25" radius.
Thank you

Comparing to the measurements I have of a Larry on the UMA II, it sounds like the BFL will be 5mm to 7mm bigger all the way around. I have at least 12mm of clearance all the way around between my tire and my fork now, so it will be a little tight but should fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.