Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a HUGE favour.

What length is the hose that is included as standard for the front juicy 7 and the back brake juicy 7?

I have just removed my Hayes which have seized pistons and if I can't get them sorted Juicy 7's are getting purchased but I don't want to be bleeding and cutting cable - so if I can get something as close to my current cable lengths that would be spot on :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
the pistons on your hayes are easlily can be removed, put new o-rings in, coat o-ring with vasoline (lightly) and re-assempled....then bleed and go

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I don't have the 2007 Model Juicy's...but I can tell you that the hoses are really long...

On a 170mm Front Fork I got a good 2-3" of excess tubing.

The rear seems to be fine. My Frame size is a 18" with 7" travel...

You may want to cut the front, if I could offer any suggestion. I've been reluctant to cut mine but it really doesn't bother me since the excess tubing is in a good spot and never gets in the way.

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SMT i'm going to get the Hayes replaced under UK warranty and then Ebay them :) They are only 3 months old.

Raptordude I have a 150mm Marz on a 19" Kona Coiler frame which is huuge so i'm thinking it will be the same. I presume the excess will simply just protrude out the front more.
thinking it will be the same.

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey bigfish you got the 2007 Juicy 7's?

I'm off downstairs with a tape measure that seems like a looong cable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.