Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed my new 06' R7 Eilte fork. Everything went smooth but I cant figure out the adjustments. I have read the instruction booklet but nothing seems to match up. I know the lower blue knob on the bottom of the right fork leg is for rebound, but the one on the top left of the fork leg is what is confusing me. What exactly is it? Is that the air pressure valve. If so then I will need to get the air pump to adjust pressure levels. Anyway How do I adjust the fork to be firm while riding yet take bumps smoothly? Most of the trails I ride are rock, root filled, trre stumps & logs & lots of climbs & decents.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
First thing you need is a pump and make sure it has a small head or you will be taking it back.
Underneath that blue cap is an air valve which allows you to adjust the fork to your liking.
I like to go off a curb to set the rebound to where the front end does'nt bounce but feels smooth on its return"rebound".
After you get a pump set your sag to the books reccomendation,then you can play with it from there,setting it up mushy or firm or somewhere in between.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird said:
First thing you need is a pump and make sure it has a small head or you will be taking it back.
Underneath that blue cap is an air valve which allows you to adjust the fork to your liking.
I like to go off a curb to set the rebound to where the front end does'nt bounce but feels smooth on its return"rebound".
After you get a pump set your sag to the books reccomendation,then you can play with it from there,setting it up mushy or firm or somewhere in between.
Under the blue cap isn't a valve. The blue cap adjust the rebound, it is a knob. The cap on the fork is on the upper left leg of the fork. I guess I will be going to the lbs tomorrow for a pump though, Thanks.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.