Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got to thinking about my shoes, and picked them up. They feel heavier than they need to be - then it occured to me, if weight of the pedals is important, then wouldn't the weight of the shoes be just as important?

Anyone know how light the "standards" like the Dominator, and others are compared to middle-of-the-road shoes?

Heck, if I could drop some serious ounces per shoe, that would make sense, no?

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
What about socks? Rotational weight 'n all. My Capoformas are really light.:D

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
teamdicky said:
Gotta be Speede's or nothing at all. Cuffs have to weigh a few grams.
Bwahaha!! That's a tri geek sock. But light. Sorry, I'll pay the weight penalty to not look like a tri geek.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Axis II said:
Bwahaha!! That's a tri geek sock. But light. Sorry, I'll pay the weight penalty to not look like a tri geek.:thumbsup:
Doh. I actually where the Speede's. I used to never wear socks when I rode, but doing the endurance thing commando was a little rough on my feet. I started cutting the cuffs off my Sock Guy socks until they finally came out with these. I am just not a big sock fan, although I dig my orange/purple argyle Bellweather's.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Best lightweight shoe I've ever had (and the most comfortable shoe I've ever had) is a Gaerne
Vertical. Gaerne is barely imported into the US anymore. They still make the shoe and call it the miro now. I've horded my old yellow verticals, and I don't really ever want to part with them. Nike makes a shoe called the Alpin, which is the offroad version of the Poggio road shoe. I have a pair of Poggios that are lighter than my teamates R7's. Light shoes are amazing, like turbo for your sprint!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.