Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
check for space beneath the frame

What kind of glass do you wear? is it prescription glasses or sunglasses? if you wear sunglases , you must make sure there is sufficient space for ventilation. To check for space, put your finger beneath the frame while wearing it. Does the frame contact your face at all? if your finger fit between the frame and your skin then you have enough ventilation.

However, if there the frame come very close contact, glasses style is not suitable for your face. You must choose frame that opens more on the side of your face for ventilation and for space beneath the frame.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Sweat bands or headsweats do it for me, plus having glasses that ventilate well. I use contacts for vision correction, but still always wear a frame/lens (dark, amber, clear depending on conditions).

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
I do and i dont!

jkish said:
If you do, how do you keep sweat from getting all over them?
just get used to it! though my rudyprojects do better with sweat than my regular glasses...I like not being able to see where i'm going...adds to the challenge of it all!

if i could see i probably wouldn't ride as well...It's funny some who ride behind me comment on my F'dup line selections...It's all good to me!

Carry a good cleaning rag!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
jkish said:
I wear prescription glasses
I gathered as much. There's lots of different frames to wear 'em on. I've used prescription glasses before contacts, both clear and sunglass types. I've used the insert style lens on a frame that uses interchangeable lenses. The headband was my weapon of choice for years until I sunburned my head thru a helmet, so now it's headsweats which seem to work even better than the headband alone did in keeping sweat out of my eyes/glasses. Having a frame that gives a gap above and below the lens helps a lot. Good luck in finding a solution.

·
Don't touch me!
854 Posts
Bought a Halo headband a month or two ago but haven't used it yet b/c the weather hasn't been warm. Everyone says they work well, and the little rubber channel looks like a really good idea.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Skull Cap

My old Bell helmet had good brow pads that kept sweat out of my glasses and eyes.

My new Xen helmet wasn't so good, but solved by using a skull cap (Pedros) that wicks the sweat away from my head. Also helps a bit on helmet head hair.

In cold and windy weather, I get tear drops that drip on my glasses. I just live with this. I would need to get a prescription sports glasses otherwise to cover the side wind that's irritating my eyes. I tried one (for a lot of money) that didn't work (bad design with big side air anyway) and never tried again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.