1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clockwork said:
wish I had a pair to trade ya . I only have j7's
Didn't really do my research for my Firebird build. I can use them, but it's totally overkill. I might take my FB to Northstar once a year, so they'd come in handy, but overall, I don't need the power.... thanks though.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Nope.
But if anyone has some mildly used 170mm cranks they want to trade for some 175s I'm game.
I've got a set of SLXs that are a tad too long for the RIP. Set-up as a dbl with bash guard, external BB.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
daugela said:
Didn't really do my research for my Firebird build. I can use them, but it's totally overkill. I might take my FB to Northstar once a year, so they'd come in handy, but overall, I don't need the power.... thanks though.
The Elixrs would be perfect if you bought a Mach5 but you got the Firebird! You have a bike that is perfect for N*, Whistler and other bike parks, perfect for NRA, you'll love it on SoMo and Goat Camp. When you get a Whistler opportunity, you'll be glad you built the bike with some beefy parts. Keep the Codes!

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DurtGurl said:
The Elixrs would be perfect if you bought a Mach5 but you got the Firebird! You have a bike that is perfect for N*, Whistler and other bike parks, perfect for NRA, you'll love it on SoMo and Goat Camp. When you get a Whistler opportunity, you'll be glad you built the bike with some beefy parts. Keep the Codes!
Hey Gurl - Everyone is telling me this! Maybe I will just keep em'. They're pretty heavy duty brakes... I do plan a N* trip this spring though.... What's funny is that by switching to the Elixirs, I'd save 1/2 pound!! That's alot of weight in brakes!

·
Banned
486 Posts
Dude, I have run codes on my 575 and never regretted it. I have changed out for Hope Tech X2's now, but am contemplating going back to my codes and selling the Hopes. The hopes are nice, but I can't tell much of a diff in performance, and they really didn't save me any weight like I thought they would. YMMV

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NMPhi767 said:
Yeah man, learn to feather! I wouldn't trade.
I think I'd do just fine with them, but as I told Dgurl, they're a serious DH brake! I feather just fine, but by switching to the Elixirs, I'd save 1/2 pound. Knowing I only do N* once a year, I think I'd be better off with the weight savings and having a brake that accomodates my 'typical' riding..... Need to think about it before I doing anything though. :madman:

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
daugela said:
I know this is a long shot but I'm going to put it out there anyways. Just bought a set of Avid Codes - Galvanized 203F/185R. Never installed. I want the Elixirs. Anyone want to trade? I'm local.
This is the build so far.... waiting for my wheels. Hopefully next week! Stan FLOWS with silver Hadley hubs. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Its a Firebird man....don't worry about the weight. It will still get up the hill. If you get out on the shuttles, which I would expect with a fine ride like that, you'll won't notice that extra half pound. Besides, if you are worried about the weight, you can do better than Hadley hubs. Excellent hubs, but certainly Chris King, Hope, or I9 would be lighter.

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know I sound like a wuss! I can't believe I'm actually concerned about weight here! Never been a weight weenie - why start now?

The CK are about 20 grams lighter. Not worth the extra cash. Had my rear Hadley on my last rig -Reign. It was good hub which I just rebuilt after 3 years of abuse. Save alittle cash on this build by using that hub - hence why Im sticking with Hadley.

Ok - I'm keeping the CODES!!!!!!!!!

Olie - sorry about that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.