Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Live, Freeze, and Ride
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, you are LYAO. But I'm serious. Bikeman.com is out of my size and has cancelled my order, boo hoo, you snooze you lose. I wish I knew they were out of production. I would have been saving pennies faster.
So if you can help me, please send a pm.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I saw a very clean used one on the wall at my LBS the other day. I think it's there on consignment for another customer. It's a few years old (2005, maybe?) and is the blue and polished aluminum frame. It looked to be an 18" or 19". It's a complete bike with a decent build kit, but they may be willing to part it out.

Contact them at 512-268-3200 or www.nrcycles.com. The shop owner's name is James, but Brandon or Eric may be able to help you also.

Good luck.

Ian

·
Live, Freeze, and Ride
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alas, it was a 19" frame.
Come on, someone must not love their A enough to get rid of it.
Yeah right.
Anyone else know of one collecting dust?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Contact Dallas Bike Works at 214-341-8921 and talk to Boyd or John. Back in March I was looking for a Cowan DS or an A, when Boyd contacted his Kona rep, I seem to remember the rep saying that he had an A he was willing to sell. I ended up getting the Cowan, so maybe the dude still has the A for sale. When you call bike works, tell them you Talked to Easy, and that should refresh their memory.

Good luck

EZ

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm pretty sure

that his is a 19 and haven't heard that it's for sale but it hasn't seen much action these days.

Look for a Cowan DS or wait for the new Bass, they are basically the same frame. I could be wrong but numbers on TT length for a 18 inch A is 23.1 and a Cowan DS in Medium (15.5 inch seat tube) is 23 inches. or get the large (17 inch) at 23.5 inches. Put on a shorter stem and add an inch to your seatpost height, Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.