Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a special need for half worn ( or more) Nokian NBX 2.0 Lites (kevlar).
Due to a neck injury I am doing about 80%+ of my riding on the roads, but also dip back into the gentle trails for a bit of nature. So I don't want to go to slicks......too many crashes........but I do want to roll really easy on the roads.
Worn Nokian 2.0 Lites are perfect. By worn, I mean about how they are when you feel you are losing sufficient grip for the trails. When those center knobs are at least worn down about 1/2 way or more.
So just when you are going to replace them with some new Nokians, thats when I want them.
They give me just enough grip to do some mild trail riding and yet roll excellently on the roads. At that point they are better for my use than brand new Nokians.
Hence my search for some used ones.

I am looking for 1 or 2 or more tires..........worn to "very" worn.......but not with threads showing or gashes and cuts. Solid tires, but just worn down, so I don't have to push full knobbed new ones along the roads for 500 or more miles to get them to the more optimal condition i desire.

I am willing to pay something for them, but come on .......please be reasonable. After all, you'll just be throwing them away if I don't buy them. So it can be a Win-Win for both of us. I get what I want in a tire, and you get something instead of nothing for your tires.
Of course, I pay shipping.

Let me know if you have some Nokians and perhaps we can arrange a deal good for both of us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2 NBX 2.0 lites. If you're close to San Jose, you can just pick it up. They're half worn. I'll give to you. The only thing is you need to pick it up by tomorrow because my land lady is thinking of throwing it out, and garbage pick up is on Friday.

Let me know so that I can put it aside.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great. I'd be happy to drive there.

FloppyRN said:
I have 2 NBX 2.0 lites. If you're close to San Jose, you can just pick it up. They're half worn. I'll give to you. The only thing is you need to pick it up by tomorrow because my land lady is thinking of throwing it out, and garbage pick up is on Friday.

Let me know so that I can put it aside.
Yes, I'd really appreciate getting those....
Its a bit of a drive but I'll do it. I live in Oakland and can get down there almost any time that would be convient to you or the situation. My time is flexible.
I'd rather do it on Thursday since like most of us, I save Saturday for riding.

Email me on how or where would be best for you, or I can even come by the garbage area anytime (so you don't have to be there) and pick them up. What ever would be easiest for you. Let me know

[email protected]

aka......Chester :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.