Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just started mountain biking a few months ago. It started with a few lessons on a dirt jumper at Lumberyard bike park - and has transitioned to the trails. I have hit Gateway Green Park a few times, as well as LL Stub Stewart State Park. (I live in SE Portland)

None of my friends mountain bike (they all think I am crazy getting into the sport at age 39), so I am have been heading out alone. Thought I would post here and see if anyone wants to ride with a beginner (whether you are a beginner yourself - or veteran who wouldn't mind taking me under your wing for a day).

I am looking to ride every weekend in August, as well as 1-2 weekdays after 4pm. Feel free to contact me if interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Braun0 -
We just wanted to welcome you to mountain biking! 39 is a great time to start riding - you still have decades ahead of you to enjoy the sport.

We don't live in your hood or we'd invite you on rides, but continue to get out there and you will meet others to share your passion with. MTBR is a great place to connect as well as Meet Up and going to trail work days put on by the local trail advocacy chapters and meeting other like mindedfolks.

Cheers!!
The Mountain Bike Oregon crew
(P.S. - come join us next July for the 2020MBO, 3 days of mountain biking in Oakridge, there's always a trail for all levels!)

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
Yeah man, 39 is perfect! Don't let non-riding friends get you down or distracted! You'll be ripping it up in no time! Get down to Alsea Falls for some good quality fun and a progressive trail system. Shuttle day is coming up on the 7th and 8th, and that's such a killer time! good people, good grub, music, shuttles all day, and lap after lap of ripping with good people. Come on down!

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm going to be there, so it won't be all 100% certified cage-free organic farm-to-shuttle good people.

Sorry.
Truth. I cannot guarantee that quality people will be the norm, and this guy is one to watch out for! Nah really, we're (mostly) all good people at Alsea Falls and Team Dirt. Plus, the trails are pretty sick, and they'll put massive smiles on your face, which is what this is all about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.