Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna do this this year?
Kiss the end of summer goodbye in style?
I am proposing 8-9 days, in the Cusco/Sacred Valley area.
Four days of shuttle assisted DH, including the Mega Avalanche course.
Two HUGE climbing days, (up to 15,000 feet or so)
One day in macchu Picchu, or river rafting.
the BEST possible hotels and food. (budget depending)
Private guides, drivers, busses and mechanics. (they wash and tune our bikes every night)
Partying like MoFo rock stars on the last weekend in Cusco.
This is the real deal, folks...
Do you think we could put a trip together?
I am thinking late October, but I am a little flexible.
Chime in, folks!
(borrowed pics)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Coca leaves and massive downhills....now thats a winning combination!

"... varied between $1650 and $1850 per person. (This does not include airfare to Cuzco...." Thats actually way less than I imagined. Still, most of my spare cash goes into my skydiving fund these days...lo ciento amigo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you take your bike with you?, paying $100/flight, or you have a bike friendly airline?, and what about Peruvian customs?
I was considering taking my bike to ride on the N, between Canchaque and Huancabamba.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, you bring your bike...it is basically impossible to rent a high quality boke in country (and not worth it, anyway). Sadly, there are no 'bike friendly' airlines anymore. Oh well.
As to customs, in ten trips, I have never had an issue. They value tourism, ******'s rarely get hassled. Tell them your bike is worth $300.00, anyway. No problems. Peruvians are really the ones targeted by customs for VAT violations.

PS, excellent handle, Pisco!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.