Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my regular partner is under the weather, but it is always nice to meet new people anyway. I'd like to take a nice long ride tomorrow and I don't care too much where it is. So you can pick the place as long as it's not too early. If anyone is interested, you can let me know here, or email me at [email protected] It's kinda late right now, but I'll check again in the morning. Hope to hear something, but if not, ride safe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, Patrick, assuming of course, that the Sweetwater you speak of is in Tucson, I think I'll have to pass this time. A 2 hour (or so) drive is a bit more than I had planned on for the day. I'll take a raincheck and try to catch up with you sometime later, but thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drew, are we talking Papago here. if so, the only entrance I know of is off Priest. Tell me how to get to where you'll be and I'll try to meet you there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, give me directions and I'll meet you there. Or is that all I need to know to find it (maybe a major crossstreet). I've not ridden there before, (obviously, eh), but am game for something new.

OK, Patrick, I stand appropriately chastised, but I would like to ride Sweetwater someday, so I'll check back to see what your calendar has available.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
scooter_dude said:
OK, Patrick, I stand appropriately chastised, but I would like to ride Sweetwater someday, so I'll check back to see what your calendar has available.
If you're really coming down sometime, we'll have to plan for better things than just Sweetwater.

And that's no problem. There's a world of good stuff in TMP, and we can link TMP with
Sweetwater 'cause they're right next to each other (like, 6 miles apart).

·
"No Clue Crew"
2,459 Posts
scooter_dude said:
Hey Drew, is this T100 we're talking about? or some offshoot?
No clue, meeting a few buddies and riding whatever is in front of me. They like doing some of T-100 and a few offshoots. I'm nursing my ankle and looking to get in some miles on it and maybe a little gnar :) map below just because:.........Drew

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
injured buddy here. :(

rob, take the 202 west and go north on the 101 to shea then west to 40th street. t100 and it's offshoots are similar in terrain to desert classic: rocky with some deep washes and gullies. be careful out there, i don't want you to join the injured list.

i'm feeling better today and wanted to check w/u to ride papago. oh well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I'll see you guys there. I'm not a beginner, but neither am I an expert. I'll ride what's in front of me till I can no longer safely do so, and then I'll turn around or whatever I have to do. I don't want to be disrupting anyone else's ride.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gonna go work on my flip camera mount, so if I go down in flames today, it'll be captured for posterity.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
DurtGurl said:
what's up? It's your favorite riding weather... no time for injuries!
i know! i absolutely H8 being cooped up at home!

sunday before last i went to a - supposedly - intermediate clinic at MMP (it was not and i wasted my time and being you know where). anyway, we were practicing some things in the parking lot and my water bottle was in the back of my element. the hatch was open and when i came in to take a drink my helmet whacked the hatch. it pushed my neck down and back. at first i didn't think it was too bad, but...here i am 10 days later. i just had a mild concussion and sore neck. today is the first day the neck doesn't hurt and the loopiness also stopped. yeeeah. i'll prolly rest a couple more days b4 going for a ride, and prolly something not too jarring. no, no national for me, yo! :D

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
kaboose said:
i know! i absolutely H8 being cooped up at home!

sunday before last i went to a - supposedly - intermediate clinic at MMP (it was not and i wasted my time and being you know where). anyway, we were practicing some things in the parking lot and my water bottle was in the back of my element. the hatch was open and when i came in to take a drink my helmet whacked the hatch. it pushed my neck down and back. at first i didn't think it was too bad, but...here i am 10 days later. i just had a mild concussion and sore neck. today is the first day the neck doesn't hurt and the loopiness also stopped. yeeeah. i'll prolly rest a couple more days b4 going for a ride, and prolly something not too jarring. no, no national for me, yo! :D
Yowza! Good thing you had your helmet on or it might have been worse. I wacked my bare head jumping into the back of the ShortBus recently - saw some stars and left a good lump, but thankfully nothing worse. Transport to and from the ride can be dangerous! Take care.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.