Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some Vittoria gravel tire inserts, with the idea of putting them on my wife's bike that has 42mm 700c tires. (The box says up to 40mm, which is a bit of a disappointment, but I might do it anyway. Otherwise, I have some 38mm tires on one of my wheelsets).

Does it negate the better rolling resistance or anything bad? Any issues with Panaracer's sealant?

· Registered
1,878 Posts
I have an insert on the rear of my gravel bike. No issues with the sealant etc. I would ignore the up to 40mm and just throw them in. I typically run higher pressures on my gravel bike and haven't felt the same benefit as on my MTB. More as a little protection against rocks.

· Registered
1,878 Posts
I have never had that issue. And I have run a ton of RH tires. Sounds like a rim problem to me. Did you try building up the rim bed with tape?

I have used Light bicycle, DT swiss aluminum, and Reynolds carbon rims. No issues.

· Registered
55 Posts
i did. Have the vittoria xc (I think 1.85-2.25) ones in my Oracle ridge tires. No issues. Nice for the peace of mind to run flat if all else fails. I have the same set up on my my Bruce Gordon rock n roads 700x48. those wheels serve as my Mtb wheels for grabel bike and I think it helps with lower pressures plus some of the sting with bumps rocks etc plus protects the rim.
Do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.