Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am riding it. Good crankset. There is one thing you NEED to do before you mount it for the first time on your bike.

Disassemble chainrings and spider from cranks. The spider is held to drive side crank with three torx screws. Unscrew them, put some super strength Loctite on them, and on all metallic parts which interface between crank and spider. You want that spider locked in tightly. Leave to dry for a day or better two. Only then mount the thing onto bike.

Other than that - awesome crankset.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had the the XO cranks for about 6 months and they've taken some serious abuse. Many encounters with rocks with only superficial scratching of the top coat. I've heard that Sram is specing them on DH kits as well. I wouldn't have any reservations about getting them.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
I have the full X0 drivetrain and love it. I also got the MRP 2x guide/guard for it. It let's me keep. Both rings and is quite awesome. I put it through a lot on a couple different areas of Vancouver Island. It is definitely rough out there and is very awesome.

I saw a DH racer in the 18 and below Cat 1 division sporting X0 drivetrain. I wasn't entirely sure what's up with his build though, he even had X0 brakes (on a DH rig-it confused me) so I'm not entirely sure about that one.

·
pedal fatass!
93 Posts
I've had them on my Kona Stinky 6 for a couple of months and I love them. I'll take them with me to whatever my next bike is down the road.
I'm running 34/22 up front with the skinny but nicely machined bashguard. I'm over 200lbs and the Stinky isn't exactly a lightweight climbing machine, but it's my only bike at the moment so it goes up everything it goes down. I've found that the cranks alone made a notable difference in climbing ability. It feels like I can get up to speed quicker going uphill. It seemed to help the shifting between front rings somehow too, I haven't tossed the chain once since fitting them, and with the stock cranks it happened all the time. Maybe it's something in the way the rings are machined... I dunno. I've bashed them into rocks and roots and generally ridden like a complete hack, and it's scuffed the coating but the carbon structure is bombproof. Now I just need to get a rear derailleur that does them justice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.