Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering whos using this seatpost and what do you think. I decided to stick with my blt2 and wanted to get some things for it and one of them was this seat post. Seems pretty sweet any opinions?......Krolik pretty sure i saw one on your ride any luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
tryallrider said:
wondering whos using this seatpost and what do you think. I decided to stick with my blt2 and wanted to get some things for it and one of them was this seat post. Seems pretty sweet any opinions?......Krolik pretty sure i saw one on your ride any luck
Just waiting for mine to arrive for my bl2. I ordered the classic as it looks more durable than the turbo. I got 4,1,0. Wish they had a 5,1,0. AMP has a 5,2,0. but runs $100 more than the GD and would rather have a 1' drop than 2" drop.

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
Been running a 4,1,0 GD for a while. Highly recommended. The only downside is that I can't ride anything technical with my seat up anymore... so riding my non-GD-equipped SS is harder than it used to be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awsome im probably gonna get the turbo version only cause of the weight its supposed to be 40 grams lighter.

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Original Gravity Dropper because.....

tryallrider said:
Awsome im probably gonna get the turbo version only cause of the weight its supposed to be 40 grams lighter.
Hi tryallrider,

I have all three versions of the Gravity Dropper:
• 4”/1” Gravity Dropper model on my Specialized Enduro SL Pro
• 4”/1” Descender model on my Santa Cruz VP Free
• 3”/1” Turbo model on my wife’s Specialized Enduro Pro
YMMV but I far prefer the better cable routing provided by the Gravity Dropper model over the weight savings and lack of required butt bounce of the Turbo model.

Bottom line is except for a dedicated jump bike, trials bike or lift assist DH/FR bike I wouldn’t consider having a bike without one of these on it. That said I wish they’d offer a 5” drop and a beefier handlebar control.

Have fun,

Michael

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a 3"/1"
Mine sometimes go full up and drop to the 1" down position unless I pull up slightly on it.
Still, it is pretty nice. It is definitely helpful for steep downhills.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the 3 inch drop version on my NOMAD i had it on my previous bike aswell been using it for about an year and a half and its one of the best upgrades i've ever bought for my bike.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice nomad michelin thanks for the advise i think im going to go original cause of the cable routing it looks so much cleaner than the turbo.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heared many mixed comments about the joplin most being negative. Alot of people comment on the side to side play that is present from the factory , some say the oil/air cartige inside is unreliable and its also a bit on the heavy side sompaired to the gravity only cause the gravity internals are super simplistic.

Im pretty sure that the design of the crank brothers is the same as the speedball seatpost cause they bought the design a while ago and i have read all kinds of negative stuff about the speedball.

·
Registered
95 Posts
GD is a very nice product

I've had my gravity dropper for about a month and a half and it really brings out the best in my Heckler. This bike was made to be ridden hard through the rough stuff, and I simply don't have the guts (or the skills) to tackle some trails with the seat in a higher, climbing position. The remote lever makes it simple to go 3" lower in a matter of a second in order to tackle chutes, drops, etc. It's like I'm riding my old bmx bike again. As for the joplin, I don't have any experience with it, but have heard that it can be tough to maintain as compared to the GD.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just got my GD classic today. Took 10 min to install. Looks durable and well made, except for the remote. 1 impact from a crash and that will be done. Got the 4, 1, 0 . The actual drop is 3 3/4" not 4. Cant wait to take it out for a rip.

·
Old man on a bike
12,389 Posts
veritechy said:
I have a 3"/1"
Mine sometimes go full up and drop to the 1" down position unless I pull up slightly on it.
Still, it is pretty nice. It is definitely helpful for steep downhills.

You need to adjust the collar on the post a bit, you want it not too tight and not too loose, sounds silly but you'll know when you've got it adjusted correctly as it will lock into each position easily without unexpected changes....

I've been using a 1 and 3 inch drop GD for about 3 years, would never consider not having one...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Great info!

Bikinfoolferlife said:
You need to adjust the collar on the post a bit, you want it not too tight and not too loose, sounds silly but you'll know when you've got it adjusted correctly as it will lock into each position easily without unexpected changes....

I've been using a 1 and 3 inch drop GD for about 3 years, would never consider not having one...

I will definitely try that. Kinda frustrating to have it drop 1 click by itself sometimes unless I pull up on it slightly. I still love the product, though...

·
Old man on a bike
12,389 Posts
veritechy said:
I will definitely try that. Kinda frustrating to have it drop 1 click by itself sometimes unless I pull up on it slightly. I still love the product, though...
Yep, been there myself when I first got it, and found that when I was loading the bike on the rack I was sometimes grabbing the collar and changing it's adjustment. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
planning on getting one too. ive heard of problems with the joplin/speedball and haven't heard anything about either the KS post or the new one speicialized is making. so far tho, everyone has pretty much good things to say about the GD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts