Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the rockers effect the bike other than an extra inch of travel. I'm considering it for my 03 AC1. How does handling, shock leverage, ride quality change?

Any comments appreciated.

REEK

·
Registered
85 Posts
Links

Reek said:
Just wondering how the rockers effect the bike other than an extra inch of travel. I'm considering it for my 03 AC1. How does handling, shock leverage, ride quality change?

Any comments appreciated.

REEK
Hmmm, where to start with the probs, well let me start off with the fact that i have BETD's likage which boost the travel up to 7.5, i weigh 160 and with the rockshox shock i tried to run a 800 lb spring and it was still undersprung, i upgraded to a manitou 6 way with a 600lb spring and 150 psi in the chamber set as progressive as possible and i still couldn't run it at max travel, the links will raise ur bb 1" giving u a steaper headtube angle, so unless u have a triple crown fork i wouldn't suggest it, oh one more thing, with all that added stress i ended up with a worn out pivot, the bearing on the driveside chainstay pushed right out. I think thats about it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.