Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Interested on peoples real life comments on the Powerbreath devices. If so, has it helped?

Also, I am not sure what one to get. I ride at lest 3 times a week 1 1/2 hours a time this time of year, and I gp up to 5 times a week generally when the weather warms up a bit and its lighter.

In terms of my fitness, I do a few endurance races, mainly 6H and Team 24H, but intending to do a 24H solo this year, but generally I am at the back of the pack in 6H races (my lap times are often good enough to get higher positions in 4H races though, guess that doesn't mean anything other than ppl find 4Hs fun than 6Hs hehe). I am not fast by any means, kind of a consitent plodder, but some of that is because I am not the best technically as well.

Are they genuinely useful and what one should I get (Fitness or Sports)?

Thanks

Stu

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I dont think a Power Breath is going help. It kind of reminds me of a device that someone who has had an operation or maybe some sort of chronic lung disease gets as a way to exercise the lungs. In fact I think that is their target audience. I think 20 minutes on the bike would give you the same results.

If you are looking for an edge in breathing you might go for an over the counter inhaler or go to your doctor and tell him you have difficulty breathing during exercise. He might prescribe Albuterol which a whole lot of athletes use. Its cheap and non habit forming

1 - 2 of 2 Posts