Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find a whole lot of people using the DT Swiss tubeless kit on a DT rim with a UST tire. I am looking at this setup since the 819 isn't readily available to my wheelbuilder. I currently run a XMAX XL. I have gotten really comfortable with the ease of swapping tires on these rims and I would like to know how others are doing with the DT kit w/UST tires. Any problems with the strip sticking to the tire(like Stan's) making tire removal difficult? Any problems airing up with a floor pump? Any problems seating the tire?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
I just mounted my DT Strips last week so I only a few rides on them. They went together fairly easily. Mounting the tires were a bit more difficult than standard yes tubes but just took a couple minutes. They sealed up fine with the floor pump on the first try without sealant (although I didn't test how long before adding sealant). I haven't tried removing the tires so I can't say how that going to be. The major difficulty I would see is the sealant goop in the tire. You would have to replace everytime you change tires. That could get messy/expensive if you change tires a lot. I'm probably going to get a quart of Stan's to replace the DT/Eclipse sealant when it's time to change.

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the Stan's covered

Homebrew said:
I just mounted my DT Strips last week so I only a few rides on them. They went together fairly easily. Mounting the tires were a bit more difficult than standard yes tubes but just took a couple minutes. They sealed up fine with the floor pump on the first try without sealant (although I didn't test how long before adding sealant). I haven't tried removing the tires so I can't say how that going to be. The major difficulty I would see is the sealant goop in the tire. You would have to replace everytime you change tires. That could get messy/expensive if you change tires a lot. I'm probably going to get a quart of Stan's to replace the DT/Eclipse sealant when it's time to change.
I pour the Stan's out of the tire when I change them. I will always opt to play it safe and run the "happy juice of tubeless joy". I got a big bottle of fluid and I get it at shop cost so it's not too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.