Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an offseason upgrade from QR's to thru axles on my Motolite. My questions concern using a TA in the rear. To me it seems a bolt-on TA for the rear makes just as much sense as a TA for the front but not sure where to start.
Anyone with experience using a TA in the rear? Can you make any recommendations? Is this even possible on a Motolite? What/where to buy?
Any input appreciated.
Merry Christmas to all!
CK

·
So is your face
569 Posts
I use the heavy duty King rear hub with fun bolts on my Motolite. It's been great and is hardly any heavier than a standard qr rear hub. No more worrying about whether the skewer is tight, and it's a much stiffer interface. I highly recommend it, as I have the same setup on my other bike, as well.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Went from a QR to fun bolts, back to QR. I really miss the bolt-on hub. I'm probably (depending on 2008 bonus) going to get a new set of Kings just so I can have thru-axle/fun bolts on both my bikes. QR = weak

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. Since I started this thread I have learned that bolt-on and thru axles are two different things. My bad. My objective though, is still the same. Want to stiffen up my bike. CK

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
I plan on converting my rear King hub to the 10mm thru axle as soon as the conversion kits become available in February. I'll then use the DT swiss 10mm quick lever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.