Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold my FS Sugar3 frame to build a HT 29er. However I have a 1997 Trek XZ 7000 SHX bike with a 18 inch frame that just plain fits me to the "T" in which I just can't seem to part ways with. I know it's only a hard tail and all. But it's light and I have some really nice parts on it. It's hard to part with even though I am finding that I havn't used it for about 2 years now. I digg this frame. They just don't make them like this anymore. The old Easton Pro-Gram frames that Trek had were really neat bonded frames. Who else here has one but yet doesn't use it but still can't part with it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have '97 ZX8000 that I use as a do it all bike. Sure it sits around and doesn't do much, but it is always ready to go out and play when called. Kinda like a dog, faithful.

I got rid of the blown IndySL and put on a Pbone rigid fork. It sharpen the steering up a bit but not to the point of being unbearable. Here is a pic before I decided to squeeze on a set of 26x2.5 Maxxis Hookworms on it.

Use it on tight singletrack, urban, just about anywhere. I'll have to get some pics with the Hookworms....

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I too tossed the Indy shocks and put on some J1's......lol now that I think about it, it may not have been an upgrade.....but the rest of the bike has been replaced with different parts. However the design of the frame I can do nothing but marvel at.....so reliable and yet I have gone through about 4 bikes that I have used and sold and yet I just can't part with this one. I think I'll get some pics posted of mine the next day or so. But hey.....nice bike man....they don't make them like this anymore.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have 2 ZX6000, a small for my GF and a large for me. Mine is fully rigid and hers has a no name rock shox fork. I got both for free from friends who didn't want them anymore, the one friend would ride the crap out of the rigid one until he bought a 700cc bike (29er). I will mainly use it as a 2 speed commuter and for retro trail rides. Gotta say I'm some what skeptical about the bonded aluminum as it gets older but it is definitely a super light bike. I can't wait to add some memories to my riding history on it. I'll post pictures soon...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a '96 8000, and loved it! Rode the hell out of it until 2001 or so and traded it for a Playstation 2. . . I know, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Found one identical to what I had on Ebay recently and snagged it up. Gotta love the bonded frames, strong and responsive. Building the bike up with updated components. . . hopefully I can get some pics up soon! Long live bonded aluminum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.