Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone using a hydrapak?

nashbar has them pretty cheap for the one i like. just wondering if it feels like you've got a 5 gallon bucket strapped to your back when its full or if its sits pretty flat & tolerable..
the overlfow is good too but i dont think it will have enoguh space..

its this or blow a gift cert at the LBS and pray they have MULEs left
decisions.......

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I reciently purchased a mule and it has been great. I did a lot of shopping around and in the end decided I could not justify going against the great reviews the mule got. I have not regreted it yet. Just check out the reviews for it on this site. Good luck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you might be right there.. i could save a few bucks and go with something questionable or just go with the sure thing.. good call

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I have both

I've got a Mule and an Ammo (got the Ammo for a steal at PricePoint - $25) Anyhow, I like both. I prefer the bladder of the Ammo and the way the tube is set up. The Ammo also has more space and pockets for stuff. I like the pockets so that I can separate the stuff I use all the time from the stuff I use rarely. That way, I'm only fumbling around in the stuff I know I need instead of a bigger pocket of all kinds of stuff I don't.....does that make any kind of sense?

I like the Mule also, and I use it when I'm going for shorter rides, need less H2O, and am not planning on carrying as much stuff.

Either way you can't go wrong, but if I could have only one, I'd go with the $25 Ammo.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
20,808 Posts
I have a Mule...

and I highly recommend it, it is usually around $60, but if you lshop around you can find a better price...Good luck!

-Cris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts