Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my new N9 and wanted to see if a 210mm dropper would work. I set post where it should be for my riding but not sure will work since dropper cable comes in through side of frame and would work with that quick bend in cable. Any 210mm droppers on N9’s out there? Forgot to mention it’s a large frame. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got the same 210mm ONE UP on my XL Balance, no issues. I'll be putting my 200mm 9point8 on the N9, but haven't built her up yet.

I think it looks like you'll be alright since after it exits it goes down to the downtube bosses before really bending.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got the same 210mm ONE UP on my XL Balance, no issues. I'll be putting my 200mm 9point8 on the N9, but haven't built her up yet.

I think it looks like you'll be alright since after it exits it goes down to the downtube bosses before really bending.
Curios why you’re going with 9point8 and not another Oneup? Already have one? Do you like the Oneup? I ask because I have 3 9point8 and just finished rebuilding 2 of them and going to get Oneup for my new bikes. 9.8 seem to wear seals quick and stop holding air.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think it will work too. If it doesn’t can put post higher and shim down OneUp dropper at least 20mm. Thx

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been running the 9point8 on my last Balance for about two years now. I really love almost everything about it: no play, no creaks, the clamp design is absolutely brilliant and the easiest I've used...But I've had the same issue with rebuilds/holding air. Last rebuild seems to be lasting longer than the others so far.

So that is getting transferred from my last Balance build (along with brakes and some drivetrain) to my Nimble build (haven't gotten to it yet, waiting on fork).

The OneUP on my 2020 Balance is brand new for me. I was tempted to stay with the 9point8 despite the rebuilds because I liked everything else so much, but decided to try something new with OneUp. Only a few rides so far, but it works well and no complaints. The clamp is kind of a pain (like most), so the 9point8 still wins on that front.

OneUp also allowed me to go from 200mm to 210mm, so why not? haha. The 200mm was a game changer for me and I doubt I'll ever go back to anything less (I'm 6'4" on an XL).

Curios why you’re going with 9point8 and not another Oneup? Already have one? Do you like the Oneup? I ask because I have 3 9point8 and just finished rebuilding 2 of them and going to get Oneup for my new bikes. 9.8 seem to wear seals quick and stop holding air.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Tellis 170 on mine and couldn’t go any longer. They are very long posts. It’s creamy smooth though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been running the 9point8 on my last Balance for about two years now. I really love almost everything about it: no play, no creaks, the clamp design is absolutely brilliant and the easiest I've used...But I've had the same issue with rebuilds/holding air. Last rebuild seems to be lasting longer than the others so far.

So that is getting transferred from my last Balance build (along with brakes and some drivetrain) to my Nimble build (haven't gotten to it yet, waiting on fork).

The OneUP on my 2020 Balance is brand new for me. I was tempted to stay with the 9point8 despite the rebuilds because I liked everything else so much, but decided to try something new with OneUp. Only a few rides so far, but it works well and no complaints. The clamp is kind of a pain (like most), so the 9point8 still wins on that front.

OneUp also allowed me to go from 200mm to 210mm, so why not? haha. The 200mm was a game changer for me and I doubt I'll ever go back to anything less (I'm 6'4" on an XL).
Cool. I have 2 9.8, both 175mm. The head design is the best and it why I bought them in the first place. Needed more drop in n my Riot so got a PNW at 200mm. Seat was still in the way jumping. Balance felt fine with the 175mm. Going to try the Oneup at 210. I’m 5’10” on a large and really like the 200 drop

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D4E47DF9-800E-4B40-8DF0-6A5AFBAED1CA.jpg I was able to use my OneUp 210mm dropper on my large N9 but had to shim it down to 200mm. Post sticks out 3” from top of seat tube. Happy trails

·
Registered
63 Posts
That’s as far as you could get it into the seat tube? Got an old post to go at least 10”. No cable connected. I’m going to try the 210 also. If it sticks up too much it should still fit my Balance

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, this is as far as the post would go. There was a bit of resistance at the end so didn’t want to force any further. So for a OneUp 210mm dropper with a large N9 this is the result I got. Sorry for the sideway pic not sure why my photo is showing this way:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts