Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had some input on Old Town Bicycles, good or bad. I am planing to buy a Stinky from them along with some extras and my friend is gonna buy a Stinky Supreme later if it all goes smooth. I realy like to know if they are to be trusted since this is most of my sommer income and I dont live in the US so kicking them in the ass if they screw me is very hard.

Thanks
Odinn Gudmundsson
 

·
Group Hug Participant
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
I've bought some stuff in their store several times. Fairly knowledgable staff, easy to talk to. They seem to stick with products they like to sell. In other words, if they can get you out the door with a sale, they've done their job. For example, I was in the market for a new pair of tires, looking for either a pair of Nokians or Maxxis. I walked out with some '05 Specialized Enduro Pros instead, knowing little about the actual tire.

Long story short, it was good purchase and they didn't lie when selling them to me.

odinnn said:
Gig Harbor and Tacoma in Washington state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<sL4yEr>RuLz said:
I've bought some stuff in their store several times. Fairly knowledgable staff, easy to talk to. They seem to stick with products they like to sell. In other words, if they can get you out the door with a sale, they've done their job. For example, I was in the market for a new pair of tires, looking for either a pair of Nokians or Maxxis. I walked out with some '05 Specialized Enduro Pros instead, knowing little about the actual tire.

Long story short, it was good purchase and they didn't lie when selling them to me.
Thanks, you have been a good help. I only talk to them via e-mail and the man I talk to there is realy decent, mostly fast reply and normaly answers most of my questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Great Shop

Old Town is a great LBS, they will deal you straight. I have only dealt with the Tacoma store (even though I live in Gig Harbor). The sales people are honest and knowledgeable and their mechanics are first rate.

I needed to bleed my rear brakes but couldn't get a Juicy 7 bleed kit in time for a big weekend ride. Jason, the mechanic, volunteered to come in on his day off and install a set of his own brakes to tide me over until the bleed kit arrived.....At No Charge.

I have had nothing but positive dealings with these guys.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slomoking said:
Old Town is a great LBS, they will deal you straight. I have only dealt with the Tacoma store (even though I live in Gig Harbor). The sales people are honest and knowledgeable and their mechanics are first rate.

I needed to bleed my rear brakes but couldn't get a Juicy 7 bleed kit in time for a big weekend ride. Jason, the mechanic, volunteered to come in on his day off and install a set of his own brakes to tide me over until the bleed kit arrived.....At No Charge.

I have had nothing but positive dealings with these guys.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks I realy dont have any questions, was just making sure that it is a good shop to do buissness with, I have a realy good feeling about them and I think I'll be happy about having choosed them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I've used them - good guys

I just bought some Candy SL's from them yesterday - paid list price, but they're local to me and they'll price match if I find a better deal. Very helpful, friendly and they seem to know what they're talking about. I have friends that have bought bikes from them a couple of years ago and get free lifetime tune-ups without any hassels. If I remember correctly, they stock Specialized, Cannondale and Kona's.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
b_chance5 said:
I just bought some Candy SL's from them yesterday - paid list price, but they're local to me and they'll price match if I find a better deal. Very helpful, friendly and they seem to know what they're talking about. I have friends that have bought bikes from them a couple of years ago and get free lifetime tune-ups without any hassels. If I remember correctly, they stock Specialized, Cannondale and Kona's.

Good Luck!
Thanks
I am now waiting for a Kona jersey to complete my order, now waiting in theyr shop a Stinky, E.13 chainguide and some spare brakepads. Was going to get more stuff but that had taken too long to get and I just cant wait to get the bike (been saving for more that a year), hopefully it will be shipped before the weekend :rolleyes: .

Wish me luck :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top