·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Cyclist
493 Posts
One of my good riding buddies has one. He doesn't expect it to last much longer as it's already starting to deform. He regrets the purchase but plans to run it until it get's too bad, wich I expect won't be much longer. Like you said, it's just too thin.

IMO, loof for something else.

·
I always bleed like this.
496 Posts
I picked up a very similiar guard from nashbar. Four hole, but pretty thick. I have slammed it a number of times and it has shown no signs of weakness. Now, having said that, I have not really nailed in with any curbs or large rocks. I have no regrets after getting it though.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
PoorBehavior said:
I picked up a very similiar guard from nashbar. Four hole, but pretty thick. I have slammed it a number of times and it has shown no signs of weakness. Now, having said that, I have not really nailed in with any curbs or large rocks. I have no regrets after getting it though.
If you are nailing your bash guard on curbs, I want to see the curbs you are riding, hahaha! :D

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
After reading the ad...

This peticular model is made of high grade aluminum for all mountain, cross country and single speed applications. It is not recommended for downhill or freeriding.

It only weighs 2 ounces compared to others that weigh about 5 ounces.

It is 1/8 of an inch thick and 5 11/16 outer diameter.

Fits all standard compact 4 bolt patterns. For those of you that don't know, it will fit all of todays 4 bolt cranks including the X-TYPE and Shimanos exterior bottom bracket style.

This has been fully tested on an all mountain bike riding over logs and hitting rocks without failing bending or waivering in any way. They are plenty strong.

These bashrings are all sold brand new and I have plenty in stock.[end quote]

The ad contradicts itself. Kinda like saying "No" while nodding your head. Sometimes you gotta remember, it's the internet, not a library. Not all the nonsence stops at the door. On that note, thank you for posting this and preventing anyone else from making the same mistake.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
obi.one.speed.only said:
This peticular model is made of high grade aluminum for all mountain, cross country and single speed applications. It is not recommended for downhill or freeriding.

It only weighs 2 ounces compared to others that weigh about 5 ounces.

It is 1/8 of an inch thick and 5 11/16 outer diameter.

Fits all standard compact 4 bolt patterns. For those of you that don't know, it will fit all of todays 4 bolt cranks including the X-TYPE and Shimanos exterior bottom bracket style.

This has been fully tested on an all mountain bike riding over logs and hitting rocks without failing bending or waivering in any way. They are plenty strong.

These bashrings are all sold brand new and I have plenty in stock.[end quote]

The ad contradicts itself. Kinda like saying "No" while nodding your head. Sometimes you gotta remember, it's the internet, not a library. Not all the nonsence stops at the door. On that note, thank you for posting this and preventing anyone else from making the same mistake.
Where's the contradiction?

Monte

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Monte said:
Where's the contridiction?

Monte
I think the (poor) grammar and punctuation make it difficult to understand.

Modified slightly:
This peticular model is made of high grade aluminum for all-mountain, cross country and single speed applications. It is not recommended for downhill or freeriding.
This has been fully tested on an all-mountain bike, riding over logs and hitting rocks without failing, bending or waivering in any way...
No contradiction. Maybe a blurring of the way-too-vauge-and-overlapping styles of mtbing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.