Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at this wheelset but don't know much about them does anyone here have the 06 model I have read the reviews on the older models and they had some problems with the hubs but that is all fixed now they say. They look cool and only weigh 1600 grams I can get them for somewere around $400 I also am looking at the stans ztr rims with hadley hubs but they are $ 675 shipped I am not sure if I want to spend the extra cash for them.Any help would be great. Thanks. Dave

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The Spinergy Xyclones are not very stiff. Unless you are very light and/or not too aggressive, I would look somewhere else... And I haven't heard anything about better hubs recently but I haven't checked the 06 version in details so...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am 6ft 4 228lbs and do xc only I am not very hard on my bike it is a trance 2 the biggest drop I have ever done is 3ft and that trail is 150 miles away so that doesn't happen very often thanks for the info. Do you think I would have a problem with the spinergy's acording to the dealer I will be fine for what I use the bike for but for all I know he is saying that to sell me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd like to know a little more about these wheels as well. They look very nice, but some of the reviews are not that good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.