Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My bike was -TWO- Wheels!
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Local MX/ATV shop today and saw grips. I hate how most bike grips dont have any meat to them to hole on to, and all seem to be $10. These were 7, have a lot of meat, and come in all kinds of fun colors.

Anyone use dirtbike grips? Are the bars the same size?

·
Registered
426 Posts
The bar sizes are the same , 7/8". BUT the MX grips have the right hand one with a bigger ID to fit over the throttle tube. Go on, ask me how I know this. :D

I don't know if grips for ATVs with a thumb throttle are the same though, they may have both IDs the same.

·
I need a new name
911 Posts
ATV Grips are what you need. Both have the same inner diameter and don't have the doughnut on the inside like MX grips will. Oury makes mtn bike grips which look beefy like their MX grips, maybe those would work for you. On my MX bike I always liked OEM Honda grips and I know these can be ordered from a Honda dealer as single grips instead of in pairs; all you would need to do is buy 2 left grips but they will require trimming the doughnuts off.

·
Registered
649 Posts
summitlt said:
I was at the Local MX/ATV shop today and saw grips. I hate how most bike grips dont have any meat to them to hole on to, and all seem to be $10. These were 7, have a lot of meat, and come in all kinds of fun colors.

Anyone use dirtbike grips? Are the bars the same size?
Have you tried Oury grips?
Plenty of meat and very ..... err... grippy!! :)
Ourys are the KING of grips, odi lock-on makes them even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.