Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting some for my hardtail. would you recomend using them front and rear, or just rear with something more grippy up front? thanks

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
konabiker said:
thinking of getting some for my hardtail. would you recomend using them front and rear, or just rear with something more grippy up front? thanks
I haven't had the chance to ride them much on dirt, but I have a little time with it and it seemed pretty decent. For what its worth, I love em

·
Registered
868 Posts
konabiker said:
I would go with something a little grippier up front, probably just a normal high roller would be fine, you want that extra edge for the braking. Actually don't most high rollers turn into semi-slicks when used in the rear for a couple of street rides? Infact, I think I have some homemade HR semi slicks at home...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I run one on the back of my Stealhead and I love it. I think if I had some money to spare I would like to try one out on the front too. All I really use this bike for is DJing and street riding, so the traction is not a problem.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StinkyOne said:
I run one on the back of my Stealhead and I love it. I think if I had some money to spare I would like to try one out on the front too. All I really use this bike for is DJing and street riding, so the traction is not a problem.
thanks guys. what turned me on to them is that they are 14 dollars each at jenson. at that price they sound like a steal.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
konabiker said:
thanks guys. what turned me on to them is that they are 14 dollars each at jenson. at that price they sound like a steal.
ya, thats why I bought mine, had my eye on them for a long time then the opporotunity presented itself and now I have no regrets. They are relatively light compared to the regular high rollers of the same width, and roll so much faster. I am very pleased with them for riding urban around town and the few trail sessions I"ve hit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.