Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with the people who create this app, i just want to pass along a cool app to my fellow are riders. The more people sharing trail info the better.

This is a pretty nifty app. I was looking for a decent gps app and this one seemed to be one of the better reviewed. It was only $3.99. I am surprised that there is little talk about it anywhere on the mtbr boards as it has a biking specific feature.

It doesn't show trails on it (i.e. like known singletrack), but it plots your route on a topographic (i beleive google based) map. At the end of your ride it will tell you a wealth of information and is aware of elevation gains. With this program I can't think of any reason to have a GPS.

The one mention that came up on a search on mtbr the person complained about the program being useless. I don't get it, the two times i've used it, it is has been extremely accurate. And being new to the area i feel secure getting lost in the woods (which i have always felt safe with the iphone due to google maps).

You can share routes with others, import from your phone to email or everytrail.com, layer different rides on top of one another, set waypoints etc. I've only used it on a few rides and have yet to explore all the features.

Anyways if there are some iphone users out there looking for a good program i recommend it. This isn't a hokey program. It would be cool to get other people on here sharing their routes, pace, etc.

Anyone use this or have another app they think is better?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ahoy..

For $5 buy the app Cyclemeter its sick and it doesnt drop the gps signal at least in Nj it doesnt. It give you the map, time, elevation, speed everything and then email it to you. check it out..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound identical. I know that the website everytrail.com, wasn't specific to this iTrails program. So maybe you can upload to that site too with cyclemeter. You can email too, but that everytrail site is nice seeing as it is free.

I thought it would be interesting to see how people are doing locally. I already know most NJ trails well. I liked a lot of the trails up in northern NJ, but it turns out the Jungle is the one i miss the most.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I moved from Weehawken to Kittery, ME, which borders Portsmouth, NH. The improvements for me from NJ to here are:

I can ride after work
You can bring dogs on the trail with you
White water and river kayaking abound
Night riding is perfectly legal

I miss Wawa, Jungle, Blue Mountain, and Ringwood. I have to travel about an hour to find places that incorporate tech and flow like like those places. Allamuchy has been replaced by Mt A in Maine which is just like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts