Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a hitch trailer that I could use for long family trips that will be able to haul a the bikes as well as the rest of our crap. I'm thinking maybe a trailer that has a roof that I can throw a rack on. I'd also want to use it for dump runs and hauling landscaping stuff. Anyone come across something like this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
id be interested in this set up as well, what car are you putting it on? i did a search smallest i can find is 4x6 trailers, i want compact, but able to attach a rack whether by welding or bolt on.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id be interested in this set up as well, what car are you putting it on? i did a search smallest i can find is 4x6 trailers, i want compact, but able to attach a rack whether by welding or bolt on.
I searched all over the place and I couldn't find anything resembling what I'd want so I picked up the 1up hitch rack and I'll do the cartop carrier thing. It's all going on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

·
May The Force Be With You
2,628 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was looking for but holy crap that's expensive! I'm thinking I'll go with the Congo Rack and car top carrier so I can run it with either hard or soft top.

·
May The Force Be With You
2,628 Posts
if you can weld?

·
turtles make me hot
11,706 Posts
I travel from NY to Fl a LOT in a Suburban. I really don't want to pull a trailer all that way, so I got a 4 bike T2 and a Thule roof box. The roof box is the best thing ever. It holds a ton of crap, is quiet and opens/closes from both sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.