Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a little road trip over July 4th weekend. Stopped by Pajarito; it was closed but I spent a couple hours hiking trails. Sweet! The fr/dh trail system is quite extensive. Elevated log rides, ladders, teeters, drops, tables & doubles, my oh my.

Also drove to Angel Fire. Alas, didn't ride again, pouring rain & lightning. But, threw on the GoreTex and did more hiking the trails. More amazing dh/fr trails, plus nice xc. The 4x track there looks scary as sh*t.

I must must go again to Pajarito when open, and to Angel Fire. Might anyone else be up for a 3-4-5 day trip to northern NM? I'm thinking late Jul/early Aug, coincide with Pajarito's schedule. I don't mind riding xc solo, but much prefer a partner on fr/dh trails. (Kinda like scuba diving: really should have a buddy with you, safety reasons plus boosts confidence). Plus, share gas expenses.

Does a Pajarito/Angel Fire long weekend sound appealing?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Gaspin' In The Aspens

GITA! Happens every October but the thread has started and planning September 26-28. Group of mountain bikers riding for several days and camping. Usually includes trails like South Boundary and thruout the area.
Been wanting to attend for years.
Red and White Mesas near San Ysidro (NE of Albuquerque, towards Cuba) are supposed to be fun rides.
Lists on the New Mexico forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning to focus on fr/dh gravity riding, using Pajarito's/Angel Fire's ski area lifts. Doubtful I'd ride xc or muni on this particular trip. But, GITA sounds nice too for late Sept.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i might be interested. i really have to wait until closer to the end of the month. i could probably only do 3 days. i have a cousin in santa fe. not sure if you have connections there, but we can most likely stay for free at his place.

due to money problems, its not looking good. but i might have my new mojo built for then! hahahah

mx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.