Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going out Tomorrow and/or Wednesday AM around 6-6:30. East side preferrable (MMP, Sunrise, Hawe's). I can make it earlier if needed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Rotorhead's 29'r

Rotorhead,

interested in your feedback on your 29'rs. Looks like you have two of them, and I've been looking to go that route for my second bike. Also looks like we're riding some of the same trails, around the McDowell's. Anyhow, you can respond in the post or go email direct to me from my profile.

See you on the trails
Tdub

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TroyWW said:
Rotorhead,

interested in your feedback on your 29'rs. Looks like you have two of them, and I've been looking to go that route for my second bike. Also looks like we're riding some of the same trails, around the McDowell's. Anyhow, you can respond in the post or go email direct to me from my profile.

See you on the trails
Tdub
29er's are great. my only 2 mtb's are 29er's because I think for my type of riding they are better than 26ers. They really roll over the rocks and take the bumps with a lot smoother action. I believe you will notice a bigger difference in a hard tail than a fs bike. For hard tails, there is no comparison in my book. They really take the edge off and give the feel of a small amount of suspension. They are great for fs too. It feels like you have an inch more travel than a comparable 26 inch wheeled bike. It would be great if you could test ride one. If you are near my height (6 foot), you could try mine out sometime. A lot of people around the valley here have made the switch already. I've had mine for a while, but there is a lot of new converts around. Take a look at the 29er forum on this site, it has loads of good info too. Scott

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Likely out...

I'm still delayed in ABQ and don't know when I'll get in...looking like sometime after 9 pm at the earliest...LAX has a power outtage, which means that no flights can land in either LAS or PHX as they are controlled by LAX ATC...? They're diverting LAX, LAS and PHX bound flights here...just had a big British Airways jet land, diverted from LAX. All I know is that I'm stuck here.

If I don't show Weds. AM, don't wait. If I don't make it, I'll be doing a night ride on Weds. evening.

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Hey guys whats it looking like in Scottsdale/Fountain Hills right now? We just got hammered here in Mesa...two trees down in my back yard...

Will the trails be "rideable" come morning?

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
Hey guys whats it looking like in Scottsdale/Fountain Hills right now? We just got hammered here in Mesa...two trees down in my back yard...

Will the trails be "rideable" come morning?
Just talked to home and it is windy and dusty in N. Scottsdale with no rain yet.

I heard the trails are great to ride after a heavy rain, particularly out at MMP...

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
dirtrodr said:
Me & Jeff (monkeybutt) FIP @6am ride till 7:15
Dreamy Draw, Northern Ave parking lot

Your welcome to join us Mark, or anyone for that matter.

Chris
Chris, Thanks for the invite but I have to stay closer to work...to many appts. early on in the day....maybe another time-Mark.

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
Chris, Thanks for the invite but I have to stay closer to work...to many appts. early on in the day....maybe another time-Mark.
Any time.....
Dreamy Draw is 5 minutes from my house and I still have to haul to get to work on time.
The things we'll do to get in a ride:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.