Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Unless your frame is super nice, I would just get a new frame from one of the place above. A good Hardtail frame with Disc Brake Mounts will start around 80 dollars.

·
Underskilled
4,807 Posts
I have used v-brake disk adaptors, they are OK.

brake alignment will never be spot on, pads will wear ant angles, it will always rub.

My frame thankfully snapped so I could get a new one.

brake mounts are worth it!

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Agreed...

I'd take the $150 that the Brake Therapy adapter would cost you and put it toward a new frame. The Access XCL from Performance is a nice frame at a very reasonable price. It'll likely end up costing you a bit more than that though. More than likely not all of your components will simply "swap over" to the new frame. Bottom bracket, front derailluer. possibly the fork (if the steerer is too short or of an incompatable diameter), seat post and clamp, things that are sized for a specicific frame may or may not swap over. But over all, in the long run, from a performance and set up standpoint you'd end up money ahead.

Your choice though. The adpater does work. Not the best option, but doable. Your call.

Good Dirt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.