Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hands get soaked, ive tried a ton of grips and they just all get slick.

Thinking of trying something like Gamer Grip?

Anyone try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
since 4/10/2009
34,339 Posts
this is the biggest reason why I wear gloves. Gloves might be drenched from sweat, but they still provide grip, especially with silicone grippers in important locations.

Do you plan on using this stuff exclusively on your palms? Seems ineffective for riding. I sweat from every pore on my body and sweat just flows downhill from there. So sweat on my arms would make my palms wet, anyway.

just sayin'

·
Cycologist
10,085 Posts
Picard, is that you? :)

Yeah, my hands sweat like crazy and my gloves stink. OP, you are wearing gloves, right?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is the biggest reason why I wear gloves. Gloves might be drenched from sweat, but they still provide grip, especially with silicone grippers in important locations.

Do you plan on using this stuff exclusively on your palms? Seems ineffective for riding. I sweat from every pore on my body and sweat just flows downhill from there. So sweat on my arms would make my palms wet, anyway.

just sayin'
I am riding with gloves. When the gloves and grips get wet they still slide.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’ve been wearing Handup gloves this summer. Temps here in the 89’s to mid 90’s. Really like the gloves but I have had a couple longer rides where started getting some small blisters on the upper palm.

I decided to experiment with putting chamois butter on my hands before I get the gloves on. Jury is still out at the moment so I’ll keep experimenting. Just curious if others have tried that?

·
Banned
10,330 Posts
Handup gloves (any gloves really) and Sensus lite V2.1 grips= Velcro. Moving to Sensus lite's got rid of the last bit of forearm/hand pump even on very extended DH's.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en_CA/search?q=gloves:relevance&page=0&pageSize=24

got these and esi grips. gloves probably need replacing, when i got them the silicon palm was ridiculously sticky now they arnt. Also have some raceface gloves that just have synthetic leather palms and they are just as bad once wet.

I have a few sets of grips in the bin, some raceface snipers, just found they were hard. Odi elite pro but the little squares gave me some hot spots on one 50 mile race. Specialized enduros, found the get slippery too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hand up gloves, or any major brand mtb gloves and esi grips with lock on ends (because esi end caps suck ass at staying on for me). Ride in TX with 100+ degree temps, gloves and jersey usually soaked by the end of a 15 mile ride and I've never experienced slippage.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am riding with gloves. When the gloves and grips get wet they still slide.
My gloves get soaked regularly and I've never had much of an issue. Lots of technical terrain with rocks/roots so there's a good arm pump every ride that requires a firm hold. I definitely MUST wear gloves every ride but I've never had any special requirements beyond lighter weight in summer and warmer in winter. Maybe it's your grips?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wear road bike gloves (Pearl Izumi), they are designed to hold on to the crappy foam bar tape most road bikes sport. They work great on the Cannondale grips I've used.

I put Lizardskin on the bar ends, gloves stick to it like glue. No problem with standing climbs on the bar ends, or descents when I dare.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think i figured it out, the silicone on the glove is not tacky anymore, so once its wet its slippery as hell. So even on the grippiest grips they are ****. Went for a ride on my farley last night and it has esi chunkies and my hands might as well could have been grabbing wet carbon bars.

Looked at my lbs but they had nothing great, going to check the dirtbike stores today for some ultra vented thin gloves. Moto gloves seem cheaper and seem to last far longer...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nothing smells like funky gloves. The one time you feel like you don't need to wash them....next ride you smell them the whole time. lol
TRUTH! 'WOW...these stink' reminders the first time I wipe my brow. A little extra bug spray helps mask the funky smell! Takes me a few rides until I can't stand it anymore and finally clean them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.