Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just womndering how well the transition aspect works. Been a big Oakley fan for years, and looking to replace my recently scratched eye-jackets. Just noticed that the half-jackets now come in the transitions material (is that Berrecloth on their webpage?), wonder if it's worth the cost over regular half-jackets.

Please, not looking for suggestions on other brands (I know how you folks are :) ). I've worn most other brands at one time or another (and currently using Tifosi Slips for clear leanses at night) and usually prefer Oakley anyway. Already made up my mind 100% on the half jackets, just wondering if people find the Transitions aspect worth the extra $$$. Any better or worse than the Specialized glasses that work similarly? Tried those last year and didn't care for the tint when fully dark.

Also, which lense tint did you end up going with, Persimmon or VR50?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have the VR50 lenses and honestly i don't even notice it changing hahaha. I'm not sure whether it switches instantly or if it takes awhile. But the VR50 for me, doesn't block out enough light. So i'm gonna switch to the persimmon if i can find a set.

·
Registered
106 Posts
probably, from what i've noticed from playing with them is that the lenses don't switch over fast enough from light to dark. So that's probably why i noticed them way too light and by the time they are dark, my eyes have already properly adjusted to the lighting environment. I guess you'll have to find a place that has both and see which works for you since all eyes are different!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.