Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone saw or tried the new Leftys with travel management please post the experience. I doubt that someone has already seen one live but...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have ridden one on a Prophet and it is quite nice.

On the 140mm setting it feels exactly like last years SPV Lefty Max.

On the 100mm setting the preload goes up (more on that in a second) so you notice it is a bit stiffer off the top. But it still have the same bottoming resistance and final spring rate as when you are in the 140mm position. So if you mess up and do a drop/downhill section in the 100mm setting you're not totaly screwed.

Swithching the TM on and off is very quick and simple. Just a 1/4 turn of the blue knob on top of the leg. Turn it on and shove the fork down and the rebound will stop 40mm from the top. Turn it back to the 140 setting and the fork pops back up.

So unlike the U-turn you can set the travel managment while climbing (quickly) and if you forget to switch back to long travel before you start decending no problem! You can turn the TM knob back without stopping.

In conclusion, its a great upgrade to the existing SPV.

·
Super Moderator
3,252 Posts
Price?
No one has an idea officially, but I think Mendon *figured* it could be in the $200 range...
Thing is , I am pretty sure I want it (have some spare money in the bike fund) and am considering TPC for my FFD 140......I dont think I will bike much this winter, by much I mean more than once a month
Tony

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Do that.

CdaleTony said:
Price?
No one has an idea officially, but I think Mendon *figured* it could be in the $200 range...
Thing is , I am pretty sure I want it (have some spare money in the bike fund) and am considering TPC for my FFD 140......I dont think I will bike much this winter, by much I mean more than once a month
Tony
The TPC upgrade is well worth it.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,303 Posts
Tony, I would wait a bit before TPC ing that thing, if you are considering the Travel Management. I am still waiting to hear back on compatibility from my guy on the inside. Problem would be, if you go TPC for a lower (compression) assembly, you would need a new one when going to TM. At least that's what the folks at Cannondale were under the impression of when I spoke to them last, but as I said, there's a call in to the very busy gent who designs them, who can give me a straight answer. Just a consideration=:)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Is it SPV only then?

Or is there a TPC unit that will work with the TM? Great questions than need an answer if you are planning on a TM upgrade.

·
16,303 Posts
damion said:
Or is there a TPC unit that will work with the TM? Great questions than need an answer if you are planning on a TM upgrade.
Here's the deal, hot off the presses, you must use an SPV compression damper with Travel Management. Bummer=:(

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
What?

They are missing out. Personally, I think a 140 Lefty TPC+ w/ TM sounds like a great idea.

So SPV it is if you want to use TM? What a crock.

·
16,303 Posts
damion said:
They are missing out. Personally, I think a 140 Lefty TPC+ w/ TM sounds like a great idea.

So SPV it is if you want to use TM? What a crock.
Yeah, kinda sad myself! Maybe if enough folks complain, and or switch to TPC they will think a bit. I'll ask, since I forgot to, what will happen if you mix the two non mixable components.Ride hard.

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
Are the TM kits available for purchase yet?

I want one ASAP, as I ride throughout the winter here and it would be nice to have on the climbs.

·
16,303 Posts
zahgurim said:
Are the TM kits available for purchase yet?

I want one ASAP, as I ride throughout the winter here and it would be nice to have on the climbs.
Nope, try early mid January, that's the last estimate I heard. They need to build "out the door" bikes first, then they will have parts available for the rest of us. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,252 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Nope, try early mid January, that's the last estimate I heard. They need to build "out the door" bikes first, then they will have parts available for the rest of us. Cheers!
I need to clamp down on ebay, as my 'secret' paypal money keeps going out!

·
Registered
114 Posts
lefty MAX spv with Travel Management

found this treath ( from 5y ago, old !!!) while searching for the prophet suspension setup guide when bumped into this one ==>

http://www.bikeart.sk/servis/doc/cannondale_prophet_nastavenie.pdf

never knew this, heard it for the first time! and found also following PDF. ==>

http://maximatgmh.free.fr/Instructions lefty MAX.pdf

maybe good ID to put this into the lefty rebuild treath as well! good pictures

now, dous this really exists? what is the deal and why you don't hear enything or see them?

·
16,303 Posts
Sadly they pulled them just before coming to market. Issues with something or other, and they didn't want to have it be a PITA for them.

That said, I actually own one, through a unique situation, and it's pretty cool. Works great. My issue with it, which I have yet to go into the fork to try and fix, is that it rattles. I want to say that was one of the complaints, but I could be wrong.

I do wish they'd offer it. It'd make the fork just that much more appealing....

The only in SPV damper thing too, sucks. I hate the way this thing rides. Now if it'd work on the TPC fork, ooooooh yeah!

Of course, all this is moot now, as none of the models exist anymore, so just putting it in the fork period, would be great!

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks for the info:thumbsup: that's why you don't see nothing of it!:)
i think 2 it's a pitty they stoped. should be cool, and i don't think there isn't any lefty where you can adjust travel hight on the fly? is their?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts