Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 120 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
A friend recently ordered a Slate from his LBS and was told it wouldn't be in until September. He picked it up last Thursday, and it came with the "replacement wheels" Cannondale has been promising for months. Talked to my dealer today and no sign of when the replacement wheels will be available for people who already own bikes with recalled wheels. Not impressed at the moment.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Mine still hasn't arrived. I pulled the deposit back and will make a decision whether I still want it once (if) it finally does get here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am brand new here... and new to cycling in general other than riding a mile or two every year or so. I decided to kick my self in gear and get in shape, so I wanted to get something that motivated me to actually get out and ride.

I have a Slate Ultegra XL coming (should be here next week). I really hope it comes with the stock Slate branded rims, as the Mavic set are not very visually appealing. (note: I specifically got the Ultegra because of the orange accents. They had a 105 in stock, but it was too small (a Large) and no matter how much I tried I simply cannot stand their color choice on the 105.

If anyone knows if Cannondale has a special branded logo for the Mavic rims, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ryan

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a Slate Ultegra XL coming (should be here next week). I really hope it comes with the stock Slate branded rims, as the Mavic set are not very visually appealing.
The "new" bikes from Cannondale are coming with the Mavic wheels. I still have not received "replacement" (Mavic) wheels for my Slate purchased 7 weeks ago. I would be happy to trade you my original Slate wheels with orange accents for the new Mavics if you are interested and Cannondale doesn't come through for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will let you know how it works out next week.

BTW... I am going to be very upset if they start showing photos of a 2017 Slate next week!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just my thought, not really worth anything, but the rigid lefty makes no sense to me. I've seen it, and I understand why some would want a rigid fork, but a rigid lefty?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any photos of the 2017 Slate models yet? As far as I've seen C'dale have cranked out some pretty rad paintjobs on other models...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Replacement wheels arrived yesterday. Set up tubeless pretty easy (compared to my fat bikes). Surprisingly the "new" wheels are 2 ounces heavier (ea.) than the OE wheels.

Attachments

·
Scalpel Fan
605 Posts
I'm continually surprised by this bike. This is an old, steep logging road that ends up in a creek bed. The top was mud covered and the standard tires kept moving.

Sent from Tandy 400

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally got the Slate and put a few rides on her.
20160714_205835.jpg
The first order of business was getting those ugly Mavic decals off the rims! With such little in the form of accent color (orange), any other color really takes away from the balance.
received_1225942097418179.jpg

I was lucky enough to score some original Slate decals!!! received_1225942167418172.jpg

·
Scalpel Fan
605 Posts
I finally got the Slate and put a few rides on her.
View attachment 1084528
The first order of business was getting those ugly Mavic decals off the rims! With such little in the form of accent color (orange), any other color really takes away from the balance.
View attachment 1084529

I was lucky enough to score some original Slate decals!!! View attachment 1084530
Where did you get the stickers?

Slogged through a very wet dirt/gravel/road ride. I'm half considering changing out the gearing up front. I find myself hammering a LOT in these WV mountains.

Sent from Tandy 400

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are from the original rims. If you get your replacement rims and want to keep the decals, use a heat gun from the inside of the rim and gently pull up the original with the edge of a razor blade/hobby knife.

I have a few more upgrades coming.

101 - 120 of 796 Posts