Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to convert my Ellsworth ID to an XC build, and want to get an air shock. I can get a good deal on an Ario. Anyone tried one? Not many reviews on them yet. If not any other suggestions?

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
discoboy said:
I'm looking to convert my Ellsworth ID to an XC build, and want to get an air shock. I can get a good deal on an Ario. Anyone tried one? Not many reviews on them yet. If not any other suggestions?
I tried an Airo on a MkIII Comp yesterday. Fairly simple, not a bad ride, but the bike had as much to do with it as the shock. I am under the impression it's not intended as an aftermarket shock, but have you seen them for sale somewhere?

Have you considered an AD12 or Cloud Nine? Light, reliable, tunable, and Cane Creek will make one in just about any size you ask for, plus the spacers are a cinch to get in whatever size you need. Gotta like the at-home teardown/complete rebuild, too -- that was a problem with my last Rock Shox rear shock.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey, I have one paired up with a Rock shox reba team on my haro XLS, its definetly a good shock, very easy to set up, no crazy adjustments, so its got a simple factor to it that you cant find very often nowadays. I dont notice it on my rides so It must be doing a good job :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts