Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very curious as to whether anyone has used First Endurance EFS, which is a drink mix that includes carbs, electrolytes (higher concentration than regular gatorade, etc), and amino acids.

It seems to be a nice all in one drink solution, which I would really like versus mixing various products. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
GMM said:
Very curious as to whether anyone has used First Endurance EFS, which is a drink mix that includes carbs, electrolytes (higher concentration than regular gatorade, etc), and amino acids.

It seems to be a nice all in one drink solution, which I would really like versus mixing various products. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I used it for awhile, but it always left a metallic aftertaste that I just couldn't get rid of. Love the science behind it, but if it won't go down it doesn't do much does it?

Cranksports.com efuel is theoretically similar - amino acids (although the exact mix is "proprietary" info), high electrolyte concentrations, low simple sugars. It's the bomb.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. Agreed, if you can't stand the taste of a supplement, its contents are worthless.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
I really wanted to like it as an all in one, but in the quantity needed to stay hydrated and fueled it gives me a gut knot. I still use it, just not as my primary fuel or hydration source. Flavor is okay and it doesn't feel too thick on the tongue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts