Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always interested in avoiding brand name prices (just the price not the quality) and finding as they say, “A diamond in the rough”, I ordered from them.

Seems like the Chinese version of some popular online retailers.

Lots of selection, bike stuff and more that I have not seen on other websites. Not necessarily “knockoffs”.

It’s Chinese. Shipping times that are published vs.real time? Quality?

Definitely manufacturers I have not heard of. I see the same at Aldi food stores. (if you have been)

Anyone tried them out?

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s there. Go to website. Under the search box, click on cycling.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,400 Posts
My experience with orders direct to/from China: the Chinese retailers shows "A" rated products then ships you a "C" or "D" rated products. I ordered jerseys and shorts from China. Yes, I got the color/design I wanted. But the fit, the material, the stitching, and especially the chamois is extremely sub par. The shorts felt and looked like I was wearing someone else's used underwear.

This practice is 100% acceptable in China. However, if you have a U.S. (or other out of country) manufacturer managing their Chinese factory's production, then outcomes and quality remain static. The risk is buying direct.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I bought TWO jerseys from them.

Team Sloth, and "this guy needs a beer"

I got heckled for team sloth cause I was on an e-bike. Karen was like "I thought you were team boosted". Everyone's a comedian....

I get lots of comments for "this guy", always positive. I'm slow as hell, so usually it's a guy gruffly passing me uphill going "me too, meeeee tooooooo" :D

That doesn't answer your question though. This will:

I got a solid 5 rides on each jersey and at the moment I own ONE jersey from light in the box, because "team sloth" went Hulk on me, and I am not ripped at all. Quite the opposite, I'm a bean pole.

Bean pole chest, and the zipper popped open like a high school boy's fly after his maybe GF told him she's ready to go. Repeatedly. Cheap ass zipper.

After that, it's what you would expect. Cheap fabric, cheap labor, but it's kinda NBD given it's like 20 bucks or whatever low price I paid. But a busted zipper is no bueno, I am not Bruce Banner, and I do not play one when riding anywhere.

I'll keep riding this guy needs a beer 'till that zipper goes too. I bought because of the novelty, but I stayed because, uh, well just the novelty. I don't want to wear the dots while e-biking.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,824 Posts
My LBS has inflatable couches that are a bit more expensive, but they offer free tuneups, and put Stans in each couch before it goes out the door. They also have modern geo; don't want an outdated couch!
Yeah, that wasn't bike-specific. Just an example of their level of goods.

-F

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I discovered the same product on AMZ. I suspect I paid for shipping from China when I could have used Prime shipping and paid less overall for the same item. I don’t even want to think about returns.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
24,864 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.