Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Been to four!

I must be a slow learner because they are fast teachers! Seriously, well worth your time and money - do it. :thumbsup:

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tank Girl said:
Hey Manabiker!

I'm signed up for a three day Better Ride Camp April 30th-May 1st and am totally stoked!! I'll let you know how it goes:)
Cool, I was going to sign up for one here in Pontiac Mich, but the 3rd day falls on a race day, I don't want to give up a race, so I think I'll wait for the DVD.. they're making one. Have fun, and I'm sure you'll learn alot.
I'm still thinking about going though, the camp is in the same area as the race, maybe I could take sometime off the last day of camp to race..Its a time trial so I'd only give up a couple hours.

·
530 Posts
manabiker said:
Cool, I was going to sign up for one here in Pontiac Mich, but the 3rd day falls on a race day, I don't want to give up a race, so I think I'll wait for the DVD.. they're making one. Have fun, and I'm sure you'll learn alot.
I'm still thinking about going though, the camp is in the same area as the race, maybe I could take sometime off the last day of camp to race..Its a time trial so I'd only give up a couple hours.
Dude! Too bad you aren't out here and could take the one with me and my pals, we are gonna have such a blast!

As for going dvd vs actual class time, if you possibly can, take the class before you do the dvd. I'm thinking mtb skills are a lot like learning yoga or a language. It's essential in the beginning to have someone redirect your form on the spot, so you don't spend time honing bad habits. As for going to camp vs the race, if you're already registered I can't see giving up the race. But if not, imho, if you do the camp instead I think it'd take the rest of your racing season to a whole new level and you would be one stoked Manabiker!

·
Registered
35 Posts
manabiker said:
Where in pontiac? website?

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I can only think of one place, Pontiac Lk, but there is a Trailwind Cross Country race there on June 26th the last day of camp, I don't know how that would work out. I think I'll e-mail Better Ride and get some answers, I could take a few hours off class to race I guess, I'm planning on racing the Trailwind Series.
I just e-mailed Better Ride to find out where they are having camp etc.

http://betterride.net/mountainbikeclinicsandcamps/mountainbikecampdates/

http://www.shop.tailwind-racing.com/USAC-2011-Mountain-Series-Ticket-Pack-OFFER-ENDS-4-20-500000.htm

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tank Girl said:
Hey Manabiker!

I'm signed up for a three day Better Ride Camp April 30th-May 1st and am totally stoked!! I'll let you know how it goes:)
Hey Tank Girl,
I'm signed up for the same weekend...its gonna be awesome!!! :thumbsup: I've never been to Palo Alto, do you know where the best place to stay is??

Noelle

·
530 Posts
2WheelinChipmunk said:
Hey Tank Girl,
I'm signed up for the same weekend...its gonna be awesome!!! :thumbsup: I've never been to Palo Alto, do you know where the best place to stay is??

Noelle
Hey Noelle, I so agree that weekend is going to be awesome...I can't wait!!!:thumbsup: :D :band: (Can you get more festive than that??:)

As for Palo Alto, I've only driven through there, so I don't know much about it. There are three of us coming down for camp together, but I've totally spaced on the name of the place where we'll be staying. I've got a msg out to my pal who booked us, so I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

tg

·
530 Posts
manabiker said:
I can only think of one place, Pontiac Lk, but there is a Trailwind Cross Country race there on June 26th the last day of camp, I don't know how that would work out. I think I'll e-mail Better Ride and get some answers, I could take a few hours off class to race I guess, I'm planning on racing the Trailwind Series.
I just e-mailed Better Ride to find out where they are having camp etc.

http://betterride.net/mountainbikeclinicsandcamps/mountainbikecampdates/

http://www.shop.tailwind-racing.com/USAC-2011-Mountain-Series-Ticket-Pack-OFFER-ENDS-4-20-500000.htm
Hey Manabiker!

Just wondering what you decided about camp and if you've been able to ride much yet out in Michigan...

tg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tank Girl said:
Hey Noelle, I so agree that weekend is going to be awesome...I can't wait!!!:thumbsup: :D :band: (Can you get more festive than that??:)

As for Palo Alto, I've only driven through there, so I don't know much about it. There are three of us coming down for camp together, but I've totally spaced on the name of the place where we'll be staying. I've got a msg out to my pal who booked us, so I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

tg
Hey tg

That sounds great. I haven't even started looking for a place yet. Don't think it will be a problem though :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.