Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is a nice bike. I know I still ride one every once in a while (My two are still owned by friends). The bike still rides great. What did you do about the brakes? I see you have something other than the 22mm tab mount Hayes.
I was lucky enough to get hold of a set of chainstays/seatstays with I. S. Disc mounts. Purchased from Chuck at Rainbow. There's mention on here of him shutting shop! I also bought an NOS Screaming demon frame but this was, sold to a friend.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I was lucky enough to get hold of a set of chainstays/seatstays with I. S. Disc mounts. Purchased from Chuck at Rainbow. There's mention on here of him shutting shop! I also bought an NOS Screaming demon frame but this was, sold to a friend.
That's awesome stuff. I emailed a bunch with Roy Watson back in the day developing the smaller sized frames because I and others needed something for smaller, female riders. It was a great bike so far ahead of its time. I remember Chuck from Rainbow. I worked with Troy at BC USA in Redondo Beach to build a bunch of them up for friends.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's awesome stuff. I emailed a bunch with Roy Watson back in the day developing the smaller sized frames because I and others needed something for smaller, female riders. It was a great bike so far ahead of its time. I remember Chuck from Rainbow. I worked with Troy at BC USA in Redondo Beach to build a bunch of them up for friends.
Wow! How cool is that. I’m over in the UK so these old Sus frames are quite rare... however I’ve had 3 in my possession over the years. Here’s the retro mod Screaming Demon I built for my friend. He prefers it over his Ellsworth.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Wow! How cool is that. I’m over in the UK so these old Sus frames are quite rare... however I’ve had 3 in my possession over the years. Here’s the retro mod Screaming Demon I built for my friend. He prefers it over his Ellsworth. View attachment 1911231
Nice. Having possession of that brake mount was/is the ticket to keeping that bike current. That was what ended it for me as I couldn't keep up with maintaining the old Hayes brakes. So it was back to the VBrakes. In the end, the bikes have found nice homes with my friend's kids.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts