Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I'm looking for a new fork and the little I've read about these seem like they might be for me. I.e. Light, stiff, simple to operate, simple to maintain. My riding is typical roots, rocks, xc trail. Nothing too extreme, but decent xc tech sections. My last fork was a Fox--whatever their top end is, not the terralogic though. It was okay but it did have problems with fore aft play and eventually lost some travel. I can't remember exactly what caused this but it is well documented here on the forum. That said, I felt the Fox was very pricey for a slightly disappointing piece, and I bought it at a deep discount. So, any thoughts on the new Magura stuff?

·
Bicycle Addict
1,298 Posts
Quite the contrary for me. I found the Magura TS8 R 100 to be very plush and a lot smoother than my Sid XX. Then again I was riding rigid for about 1 month before I bought my fork. Like you already said, the fork is incredibly stiff at the crown, the dual arch design ensures that. It almost feels like you are riding an inverted fork, where the travel is only at the very bottom of the fork. I've been on mine for a week now and I'm completely in love with it.

20140321_194537_zpsb21ce3f5.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts