Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm llooking for a 5th element, 7.875"x2.25". i'm guessing it doesn't even exist? i know they made a 7.875"x2.00".

does anyone know where to find one on closeout?

i know they're discontinued. and i know about the killer santa cruz shocks clearance(they're sold out completely).

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The 7.875x2.25 does exist, I have one, but whether or not you can find one is another matter, and I've got no ideas for you there. Also consider how much longer they will be supported/serviced by Progressive...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
The 7.875x2.25 does exist, I have one, but whether or not you can find one is another matter, and I've got no ideas for you there. Also consider how much longer they will be supported/serviced by Progressive...
thanks. yeah i've considered the support issue, apparently they still service shocks, but just no longer sell them, am i correct? i guess i'll give them a call.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Progressive service for 5th Elements

Hey, I have a 5th Element that came on my Bullit and it is a nice shock that I don't plan on getting rid of. I have it as my backup shock at this point and use a DHX 5.0 in its' place.

Anyhow, seems like I remember reading that Progressive was going to continue servicing 5th Element shocks for 3 years. That gives us a little over 2 years left from that announcement. I wonder if they will license some other company to service these shocks before that point? I think they just let Manitou take the ball and let them run with it. I wonder how the Swinger 6-Way compares to a 5th Element. Seems like they should be almost identical. Has anyone compared the two?

·
Registered
93 Posts
67degrees said:
Hey, I have a 5th Element that came on my Bullit and it is a nice shock that I don't plan on getting rid of. I have it as my backup shock at this point and use a DHX 5.0 in its' place.

Anyhow, seems like I remember reading that Progressive was going to continue servicing 5th Element shocks for 3 years. That gives us a little over 2 years left from that announcement. I wonder if they will license some other company to service these shocks before that point? I think they just let Manitou take the ball and let them run with it. I wonder how the Swinger 6-Way compares to a 5th Element. Seems like they should be almost identical. Has anyone compared the two?
It's definitely a possibility, TF Tuned in the UK has been fitting 5th Element control valves to Swingers for a while, so you'd assume the reverse would work too.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PeterThomas said:
It's definitely a possibility, TF Tuned in the UK has been fitting 5th Element control valves to Swingers for a while, so you'd assume the reverse would work too.
i think progressive makes great coil shocks. shame they left us hanging. i'll check out tftuned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.